£50k - 60k per year + bonus, life insurance
25 days ago
£50,000 - £60,000
One of our clients is looking to add an Energy Manager to their team. The energy manager will be operating around 3 hospitals within an NHS trust located in London. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to help with our environmental footprint. The energy manager will be looking at thing’s energy reports and spending report.
Job duties for Energy Manager
- Manage energy budgets, deal with any energy specific bill recharges, and proactively lead on the correction of deviations against annual forecasts for consumption and billing.
- Use sound project management principles to deliver discrete projects, and good general organisational techniques to manage business-as-usual workload priorities.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, technical guidance, and organisational policies specific to energy, buildings, sustainability, and wider environmental issues.
- Undertake measurement and verification of energy savings linked to any spend-to-save schemes and/or energy performance contracts, to prove that savings are genuine and as expected, and haven’t been skewed by weather conditions.
- Monitor and manage the trust’s utility and renewable systems meters with an associated strategy in place, including meter replacement, upgrades, and so on.
- Cooperate with, develop, and maintain good working relationships with external consultants, project teams, and contractors.
Knowledge and Skills for Energy Manager
- Appropriate degree or equivalent knowledge and experience, ideally in a general sustainability, environmental, engineering, or building services discipline.
- Experience working in a general energy-centric position.
- Demonstrable experience of working within, on behalf of, or alongside a large estates function.
- Specialist knowledge and experience of energy management, energy markets, technologies in the decarbonisation sector and target setting.
- Experience of contract managing suppliers, e.g. utilities, construction, or facilities management contractors, and/or of coordinating direct labour force for energy efficiency and/or deep retrofit projects.
For more information, please contact Tom Gelezinis at Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.