£41k - 42k per year + Van & fuel card
2 months ago
My client provide services to more than 140,000 customers in our 65,000 homes nationwide. With a turnover of £360.5m and a truly national presence, my client is one of the leading housing providers in the sector.
Our national teams deliver rapid-response housing repairs, maintenance, and improvement services to ensure that our customers’ homes are safe and maintained to high standard.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrician to join our Empty Homes Team covering the Brixton, Crawley, Croydon and Woking areas on a full-time permanent basis.
To apply for this vacancy, you must live within 30 miles of Brixton to ensure we can get to our customers in a timely manner.
What we’re looking for
We’re a customer-focused organisation so we know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. You’ll not only be a fully qualified and experienced Electrician, but you’ll also have great customer service skills and a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
- Certificated qualifications and demonstrated experience in domestic and commercial electrical works.
- Proven knowledge and experience in electrical fixed wire testing, installing and maintaining up to 230v.
- Ability to correctly complete the relevant certifications, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information.
- Ability to accurately interpret technical data & drawings and instructions.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment within agreed performance targets.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems seeking any advice required.
- Ability to carry out physical tasks and lift weights in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety Practices.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- ECS/JiB – Graded Electrician.
- Other building trade skills in addition to main trade.
- Proven knowledge and experience in electrical fixed wire testing, installing and maintaining up to 400v.
- City and Guilds 236 Pt 1 & 2 (or NVQ Level 3).
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671.
Your Welcome Bonus is payable in 2 parts. £500 is paid in your first month’s salary and £500 is paid when you pass your probation.
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, Please apply with your CV or contact Cheri Bulmer at Build Recruitment for further details.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK. We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process. From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.