£30k - 32k per year
018 7224 8898
7 months ago
Job Title: Electrical Supervisor
Location: Truro, travel as business needs require.
Salary: £30,000.00-36,000.00 per annum (DOE) van uniform and associated benefits.
Job Type: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Efficiently manage electrical teams to successfully deliver high levels of quality and performance whilst being fully competent in all aspects of electrical installation work.
General Duties/Key Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day management of your team; responding to queries and carrying out visits of works.
- Monitor and assess performance of team to achieve greatest efficiency and outputs. Agree with the Electrical Manager the volume of expected completed jobs per week.
- Assist with the resolution of problematic jobs.
- Attend and facilitate the resolution of customer complaints, including site visits and provide a technical overview.
- Become a key contact for clients to assist in developing relations and resolutions.
- Approved contractors of NICEIC governing body. Part of role would ensure compliance for annual audit from governing body (preparing for the assessment and fulfilling role as Qualified Supervisor as defined by NICEIC). This will include supporting the Contracts Manager and Health and Safety department to prepare for internal and external audits.
- Ensure Health & Safety & Environmental procedures and standards are adhered to.
- Ensuring all certification and documentation is completed accurately.
- Monitor and implement measures to improve KPI's.
- Support recruitment of new employees.
- Ensure current staff are fully compliant with current regulations and Company procedures. Work with Health and Safety to ensure training matrix is up-to-date and support Training Administration team to ensure courses are booked in advance to maintain qualifications.
- Conduct probationary reviews with new staff members and performance reviews with existing staff members.
- Upskill staff via regular coaching sessions or toolbox talks.
- Complete WIP/compliance audit on field based employees/subcontractors. Implement any actions highlighted from these visits.
- Support Health and Safety Department by investigating electrical incidents and reporting accurately and fully.
- Encourage understanding of the need for quality of work and professional attitudes for future development of the business, creating an environment which encourages employee development, good employee relations, team building and quality standards.
- Be prepared to work flexibly with the possibility of work away from home and outside normal working hours depending on the needs of the business.
- To report any vulnerabilities or concerns to management so it can be addressed.
- To keep your allocated company vehicle clean and tidy at all times ensuring any waste is disposed of to company/HSE regulations. Ensure the same of your team with regular spot checks of vans.
- To be fully conversant with all aspects of electrical installation.
- Ensure compliance with the IEE Wiring Regulations at all times, and that the appropriate materials used.
- To work with, and provide information relating to technical matters, to Senior Management.
- Ensure that any required qualifications for your position remain valid and to ensure that any necessary training is arranged and undertaken within the specified timescales.
- To attend meetings, training sessions and conferences as required.
- To participate in the on-call duty manager rota as required.
- To act at all times in accordance with the Group’s rules, policies, procedures and financial regulations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Recognised City & Guilds electrical qualification (e.g. electrical installation theory. Associated studies, electrical and electronic craft studies)
- City & Guilds 17th Edition mimimum
- The following qualifications are desirable but not essential:
- City & Guilds Electrical Testing or Scottish NVQ Level 3 equivalent
- A recognised management qualification (Level 4 NEBSM, SMVQ or similar).
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Employer contributed pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with 24 hours telephone and online access
- 29 days annual leave (Inc. statutory bank holidays and Christmas and New Year Closure!)
- Employee engagement events to bring together colleagues and families e.g. Summer BBQ, Christmas Night out!
- Work for family run Company with a diverse range of sites in the immediate future..
Click 'Apply' to express your interest in this role or contact Sarah @ build recruitment 01872 248898
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 to £36,000.00 /year
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.