£36.4k - 37.8k per year + cycle to work scheme, company share scheme
9 months ago
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
ASAP/Permanent/£36,400 - £37,800/ Electrical maintenance engineer
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment – from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a FM company who are looking for a Electrical maintenance engineer based in Cambridge.
This is a great opportunity to work for one of the largest, most successful FM companies which will give you a chance to gain good critical experience and potentially progress within their company. This role as an electrical shift engineer will require you to work 12-hour shifts, 4 days on 4 days off, working days and nights. Working as an electrical maintenance engineer you will be working 40 hours per week alternating shifts from 07:30am – 3:30pm and 13:30 – 22:00 each week.
Day to Day: Electrical maintenance engineer
- To provide the safe operation, planned and reactive maintenance of electrical services plant and equipment
- To carry out the installation of new electrical equipment as required i.e. minor new works, refurbishment and capital works replacement programme
- Investigate, trouble shoot and rectify defects for all electrical systems and associated plant/components or if unable to do so, arrange specialist BYES FM’s external staff or Subcontractors
- Experienced in all types of design and installation techniques with the ability to appraise problems and the capability to rectify them.
- Ensure prompt and accurate completion of all associated paperwork
- To participate in the Appointed Persons role for an identified discipline
- Working 40 hours per week alternating shifts from 07:00 to 15:30 and 13:30 - 22:00, Monday to Friday with a requirement to participate in the on call rota.
Requirements (Skills & Qualifications):
- Experience of building maintenance essential
- Must hold a recognised advanced electrical trade apprenticeship and/or relevant qualifications to level 3 (theory and practice) in a relevant Electrical discipline with suitable industry experience.
- Competent Person L8 experience; Asbestos Awareness
- Good communication skills, customer focused with a proactive, flexible, can-do approach
- In-depth knowledge of Health and Safety procedures, formal training an advantage
- Driving license essential
- Able to obtain DBS clearance
- Generous holiday allowance
- Chance to progress and earn additional qualifications
- Cycle to work scheme
- 2 Paid volunteering days a year
- Employee assistance programme
- Season ticket loan
Please apply or contact Ruby Skinner at Build Recruitment for further details.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.