£34k - 37k per year
020 3176 4790
9 months ago
My client is looking for a electrical engineer to join their team on a permanent contract . This position will be covering all building maintenance, PPMS and reactive work. This is a great opportunity has become available for an electrical maintenance engineer to work on a well established contract in Central London. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work for client direct, who likes to work using their own initiative and has the confidence to work independently in the commercial environment. Great training and good opportunities to progress are also available for the right candidate.
Purpose of Role
To ensure the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of electrical services throughout the estate.
● To complete, test and commission electrical installations in adherence with statutory regulations, industry best practice and Health and Safety procedures
● To complete plumbing installations, testing, and commissioning in adherence with statutory regulations, industry best practice and Health and Safety procedures
● To fault find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site services levels at all times
● To ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out, undertake service requests raised by the computer aided facilities management system.
● To ensure all activities are effectively prioritised in-line with local procedures ensuring workload/regime is delivered escalating issues to the Site Manager when required
Skills & Abilities
(Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent.
● Qualified to C&G 2391 - Electrical inspection and testing
● Must have a certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition.
● Two years experience working as a test and inspection electrician, in a multi-skilled role or equivalent
● Experience working on commercial or industrial electrical systems
● Experience working on commercial or industrial heating and water systems is desirable
● Excellent organisational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
● Strong communication skills
● Basic IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
●At least 2 years Previous experience in a similar role
● Experience of taking instructions and following processes and procedures
● Experience of working in a team
● Experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.