020 3176 4793
2 months ago
I'm currently looking for an electrically biased Building Service Engineer to join a Facilities Maintenance Team working primarily as a mobile engineer with a requirement to work core tasks (electrical and plumbing) for BD postcodes and to cover F-Gas in LS, BD, HU, YO and HG postcodes.
37.5 hours per week Full time. Typical attendance will be 08:00am until 4pm Monday to Friday however, flexibility is essential.
- Maintenance of electrical systems on numerous commercial sites
- F-Gas Experience
- Have an understanding of basic plumbing such as replacing taps, sinks, cistern filling / flush units and heating elements
- Expert fault finding and providing advice and guidance to customers in relation to equipment such as powered doors, dock levellers and barriers
- Supply knowledge in a range of technical situations, making personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve quality, cost and time objectives
- Provide technical advice and guidance to other staff and customers in order to resolve problems.- Manage the delivery of Corrective and Planned Maintenance to meet the performance measures detailed in the contract.
- Liaise with customers' representatives on a day to day basis to ensure customer requirements are fully met.
- Check and ensure all appropriate and approved paperwork is completed.
- Act as a role model for safety, setting an example to colleagues and customers
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Successful applicants must hold an Electrical certification such as the 17th edition
- The applicant must have full electrical qualification of City and Guilds 2382 & 2391 testing and inspection certification.
- The role holder must have planned maintenance experience of electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience in fault finding and diagnosis with the ability to provide advice and guidance to others across all systems where required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers, explaining technical issues.
- The ability to analyse and understand complex technical issues in relation to electrical systems
- Ideally you will be IPAF and MEWP trained and qualified, and be comfortable working at heights.
- Experience of dealing with Customers in a commercial environment.
- Applicants must hold a valid full UK driving licence (minimum CAT B entitlement) no endorsements preferable
- Computer literacy skills an advantage
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.