£41k - 44k per year + pension, progression
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Electrical Enginer (Day Shift)
Salary: £41,000 - 44,000
Type: Permanent, 38.5 hours per week. DAY SHIFTS ONLY from 07:00 to 19:00.
Location: Victoria, London SW1E 5ND
Our client who are a leading FM service provider have reached out to Build Recruitment to support them with finding an electrical engineer to work on one of their public sector contracts carrying out electrical maintenance in Victoria, London.
This role as an electrical engineer will be working on shift basis which will include earlys and lates carrying out electrical maintenance. It works out to be 38.5 hours per week.
You will be working as a electrical maintenance engineer looking after all aspects of mechanical equipment such as drainage, boilers, air handlig units, pumps & belts. You must have a strong electrical maintenance experience and have a proven track record of working for a facilities management company.
Role and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the M&E Shift Supervisor
- To maintain all buildings and plant to the required levels as set out by management
- Carry out a range of building service tasks, mainly electrical and mechanical planned and reactive works
- To ensure prompt and accurate completion of associated paperwork, recording recommendations and/or material requirements accordingly
- To make recommendations of replacement parts and materials to ensure the highest levels of equipment and building availability.
- To oversee specialist sub-contractors
- To work to the highest standard and in full compliance with statutory legislation
- To cover for other technicians as necessary in various buildings, including participation in a call out work rota
- Working 38.5 hours per week on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern of days only – 07:00 to 19:00
Electrical Qualifications or Required Experience
- Must hold a recognised Electrical trade apprenticeship and/or relevant qualifications to level 3 (theory and practice) in a relevant Electrical discipline with suitable industry experience; mechanical qualification/experience is a bonus
- C&G 2391 Testing & Inspection and BS7671 qualifications (or equivalent) are desirable
- Must be appointed in at least 1 AP/CP role, and attend any training as necessary to maintain this
- Desirable to have experience of building services/maintenance/facilities management
- Will be able to demonstrate strong customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work on own initiative as well as within a team with a proactive, flexible, can-do attitude
- Employment in this post is dependent upon obtaining security clearance; this requires 5 years’ residency in the UK and a current passport.
This role may be suitable for someone who is a electrical engineer, electrical maintenance engineer, electrical shift engineer, electrical shift maintenance engineer, electrical building services engineer, electrical, electrical technician, elec bias engineer please contact Ruby Skinner at Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.