£38k - 46k per year
020 3176 4790
10 months ago
My client a leading M+E maintenance provider is working with me exclusively to recruit multiple electrical shift engineers, they have a portfolio of high-profile clients. They are looking to hire multiple Electrical Shift Engineers, to work at a prestigious critical site in The City. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working in critical building, for a company who pride themselves on training and developing their employees. As a Shift Engineer, you will ensure the smooth running of the building 24/7, ensuring all PPM & Reactive Maintenance are carried out to all critical and associated plant. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of all critical building services plant including UPS systems, generators, air conditioning, refrigeration, server rooms, lighting and power.
You must have previous critical or data centre experience to apply for this role.
Key Responsibilities of the electrical engineer:
- To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Plant and associated electrical systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- To ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated with the electrical aspects of the PPM and plant.
- To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically related reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
- To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client. Dealing with customer enquiries and complaints, reporting actions taken to line management.
- Undertake follow up actions required to resolve situational circumstances for which you have been authorised to undertake.
- Be an active participant in reviewing existing and implementing new techniques to enhance the service to our Clients.
- Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- Adhere to a Safe System of Work in all areas that you are required to work.
- Oversee all maintenance contract activities within the area under your control, ensuring all safety aspects are followed in accordance with site procedures and requirements.
- Assist in auditing of systems for which you are responsible, making yourself fully available to attend any external audits.
- Carry out regular reviews of the Risk Assessments and Method Statements for the activities associated with your role.
- Ensure all PPE issued in relation to your role is maintained in good working order, reporting any deficiencies to BSS.
If you would like more information on these roles please give me a call and I look forward to speaking with you.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.