£15 - 17 per hour
020 3176 4790
5 months ago
My client are recruiting several temp to perm engineers on a public sector site in Southampton, The successful candidate will be a full qualified Maintenance Electrician with C&G, 17th or 18th Edition and a proven track record in commercial building maintenance. The client is able to recruit for this position in either a temporary to permanent basis or straight permanent (Depending on the candidates availability and experience)
Working with the maintenance team on site, you will be required have an understanding/hands on experience of the below. In return the company are offering a competitive salary and the chance to work at this very unique and interesting site.
You must have a STRONG background working an electrical maintenance engineering position within a critical site.
Electrical Maintenance Job Duties:
- Day-to-day maintenance activities including PPM & reactive requests as directed by the helpdesk.
- Participate in internal & external audits.
- To ensure Risk Assessments are completed & maintained. Control measures adopted in compliance with statutory provisions & codes of practice & guidance.
- Assist other team members when required or as directed by the Area Supervisor or Operations Manager.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed within SLA.
- Supervision of visiting sub-contractors with regards to standard of work & Health & Safety.
- All duties to be carried out in accordance with company policies & procedures.
- To understand & complete all work related documentation accurately & on time.
- To carry out work in a safe & diligent manner.
- To attend & fully participate in training & appraisal activities as required.
To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required, including fabric & mechanical tasks.
- City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1 & 2 qualification or equivalent
- 17th edition IEE wiring regulations
- Experience of basic maintenance, basic testing & fault finding on a variety of equipment including
- HVAC, pumps, generators, switchgear, wiring & cabling
- Batteries, small power & lighting
- Be flexible & carry out duties which are not electrically biased
- Be pro-active & have the ability to anticipate &/or diagnose & repair faults
- Have the ability to supervise (Performing Authority) of site contracors
- Hold a full clean driving licence
- Able to work at heights of up to 3 metres & lift weights of up to 25kg
- Knowledge of Health & Safety & safe working practices
- Capable of completing essential paperwork in accurate & timely manner
If you would like to be put forward for the role please get in touch ASAP.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.