£15.00 - 16.83 per hour
020 3176 4790
about 1 month ago
My client is recruiting a temporary electrical engineer who will be working as part of the day operations team, reporting operationally to the Technical Supervisor, you will be expected to take a proactive role in the maintenance of the building electrical assets across the Digital Realty portfolio, both through planned maintenance and reactive requests. As the Day Electrical Technician you will be key to the effective and continuous availability of the Electrical & Mechanical Services associated with the Digital Realty Portfolio. You will provide support to the Technical Supervisor in maintaining and fault finding of the Data Centre Assets.
You should gain an understanding of the services within the campus and be able to use this knowledge to assist in system and plant fault identification and rectification. Part of your role will be to assist and carry out as a competent person both controlled and emergency switching of LV and HV systems within the campus.
Duties to include:
- Provide On call support to Digital Realty site in High Wycombe out of hours (as part of an on-call rota)
- To ensure site Electrical and Mechanical systems are operated and maintained to the required codes of practice and industry guidelines.
- Ensure the PPM’s for the as built equipment is fully maintained and carried out in a high calibre and on time.
- To carry out day-to-day maintenance and reactive issues relating to all the equipment and assets.
- Complete information and feed back to computer-based systems particularly the PPM system.
- Carry out fault identification/rectification and escalation when required on heating, ventilation and air conditioning issues.
- Installation and modification of site electrical services.
- Maintain effective communication to the Technical Supervisor including plant status, plant isolations, issues arising, ongoing works and standards of housekeeping.
- Ensure any parts required are clearly and accurately stated and any difficulties encountered on engineering activities are reported to the Technical Supervisor.
- Plant areas, workshops, stores, changing/rest areas etc. are kept to the highest level of housekeeping
- Minimum 5 years experience in Building Services industry
- C&G qualified or equivalent in an electrical services/maintenance.
- 18th Edition IEE: Wiring & Installation competent
- HV Approved Person
- Confined Space entry trained. (Where required)
- Recognised training or apprenticeship
- Demonstrate a good understanding and be technically competent in all building services, in particular UPS, generators, static switches, water treatment, refrigeration and air conditioning.
If you would like to apply for the role please get in touch immediately, I look forward to speaking with you.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.