Southend on Sea
£14 - 18 per hour
018 7224 8898
13406 Duct engneer
20 days ago
DAMPER / DUCT ENGINEER x 2
Start date of 4/11/2019 (on going contract)
Build recruitment are currently seeking two experienced Ventilation Duct Cleaning Engineers to work on a unique project in South End on Sea.
Build recruitment are pleased to be supporting this company with an immediate start date of 4/11/2019
You will be working on a contracted basis and have ideally been trained to a TR19 standard and have at least one years’ referenceable experience working in this role.
The role will include working day shifts and Monday to Friday 7.30 till 5pm. A basic understanding of fire systems design and industry regulations and experience in a similar role is desirable
The role will include: Undertake all types of maintenance, repair, commissioning and service support to a range of smoke/fire dampers.
- Have a working knowledge of the statutory requirements around fire dampers and BS9999:2017, BESA DW145, and the Regulatory Reform (fire safety) Order 2005.
- Identify faults and report findings.
- Install and replace all types of fire and smoke damper equipment according to prints, specifications, diagrams, or other instructions.
- Read and interpret technical drawings.
- Inspect facilities on sites to determine if they meet specifications or standards.
- Prepare technical or operational reports when requested.
- Ensure the recording of all maintenance works when completed are posted through the appropriate, equipment, systems and documentation as required by the Company Management System including statutory documentation.
- Undertake works to the required standard and in line with any documentation provided.
- Assess the parts needed for a job and place orders for those parts.
- Able to carry out functions in an organised and logical manner with a flexible 'can do’ approach.
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with building codes, and follows safety requirements.
Fire & Smoke Damper Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- Proven experience of working as a Fire Protection/Damper Engineer.
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical fire systems design and industry regulations.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- IT literate.
- Hold full UK driving licence.
- Hold PASMA and IPAF. Carry out testing to a range of fire dampers
Install and replace all types of fire and smoke damper equipment accordingly
Identify faults and report findings
Completion of relevant paperwork including use of a live reporting if required.
Attend pre safety brief with site management as required
Role would include the following duties; • Ductwork Cleaning • Air Testing • Surveying.
For further information and to discuss this role in detail please call LEANNE @ BUILD RECRUITMENT 07407802761 / 01872248898 OR EMAIL your up to date cv to: Leanne. Rayner@ buildrec. com
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.