21 days ago
Role: Design Manager
Location: London (NW)
My client is a privately owned market leading national construction contractor operating across a variety of sectors. Due to growth their London residential division is looking for a Design Manager to take full accountabiltiy for the design process on a highly complex tower block refurbishment programme
The successful candidate will be responsible for the Design elements of a flagship JCT D&B residential refurbishment project worth in excess fo £60m. Works include but are not limited to; EWI, cladding, roofing, concrete repairs, windows doors and fire stopping.
• Work with the client, operational and commercial teams to manage the design process.
• Attend subcontract tender launch / adjudication meetings.
• Assist with the production of Contractors Proposals.
• Work with the production team and subcontractors throughout the contract delivery
• Organise, participate and record design review meetings.
• Agree external consultant’s responsibility matrix, objectives, fees and information release schedule.
• Manage the flow of design information from external consultants and design subcontractors, and ensure the established timescales are achieved.
• Ensure cost effective solutions are incorporated in the design.
• Investigate VE opportunities where required.
• Manage the transfer of design responsibility from estimating to production.
The Individual should have:
• Proven experience of managing design on large £40m+ residential project.
• The ability to organise, plan, programme and manage workloads
• Good knowledge of the design and build process and good technical knowledge.
• Be a team player with good communication skills.
• Be commercially aware.
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.