£60k - 70k per year + Package
about 2 months ago
Role: Design Manager - Refurbishment Framework (Housing)
Salary: £60-70k + car / allowance & package
Location: West London + Flexible working (inc WFH)
The Design Manager will be responsible for all design and technical aspects in the pre-construction of a variety of projects as part of a wider framework. This will entail effective management of external consultants together with the ability to communicate effectively with the wider internal team and all stakeholders on the client side. The Design Manager must ensure all schemes adopt the “best value” approach which seeks to minimise costs whilst maximising value.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the Design and Pre-Construction elements of a key West London refurbishment framework, works are to high/low rise blocks, street properties and sheltered schemes and include but are not limited to; EWI, M&E, cladding, External Redecorating, FRA, internal refurbishments and Kitchens & Bathrooms.
The Design Manager will work closely with the internal Pre-Con team containing an Estimator and Bid Manager and working closely with the Operations and Commercial teams as well as various stakeholders from the client’s asset management and design teams (inc external designers and consultancies) to get projects from pre-construction on to site and through to project completion.
• Work with the client, operational and commercial teams to manage the design process from pre-construction to handover.
• Attend subcontract tender launch / adjudication meetings.
• Assist with the production of Contractors Proposals.
• Work with the production team and subcontractors throughout the contract delivery
• Organise, participate and record design review meetings.
• Agree external consultant’s responsibility matrix, objectives, fees and information release schedule.
• Manage the flow of design information from external consultants and design subcontractors, and ensure the established timescales are achieved.
• Ensure cost effective solutions are incorporated in the design.
• Investigate VE opportunities where required.
• Manage the transfer of design responsibility from estimating to production.
My client is a leading national construction contractor operating across a variety of sectors. Due to organic growth their housing maintenance division is looking for a Design Manager to take full accountability for the design process on a highly complex Local Authority Framework contract
- Architectural qualification (or equivalent design, technical and/or construction-based qualification) and/or
- Minimum 3 years’ Experience in the design and detailing of residential schemes from a Local Authority/Housing Association basis
- Proven track record of successfully managing all aspects of the technical process in relation to residential buildings
- Proven track record of managing and incorporating designs within existing buildings with residents in occupation
- Background in high rise buildings and cladding systems would be advantageous
If this opportunity excites you or you want to find out more information about other roles, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with Aaron Battrawden at Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.