23 days ago
Role: Design Co-Ordinator - Refurbishment Framework (Housing)
Salary: £45-55k + car / allowance & package
Location: Kent / South East London
The Design Co-Ordinator will be responsible for the design and technical co-ordination or a large long term framework ensuring it is delivered on budget and to programme. This will entail effective management of external consultants together with the ability to communicate effectively with the wider internal team and business partners. The Design Co-Ordinator will report to the Design Manager and must ensure all schemes adopt the “best value” approach which seeks to minimise costs whilst maximising value.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the Design and Pre-Construction co-ordination of a flagship refurbishment Framework with a central London LA worth in excess of £25m pa. Works are to high/low rise blocks, street properties and sheltered schemes and include but are not limited to; M&E, Cladding, External Redecorating, FRA, internal refurbishments and Kitchens & Bathrooms.
The Design Co-ordinator will work closely with the internal team of Operations Manager, Contracts Managers, Commercial Manager, QS's and Site Managers as well as various stakeholders from the clients asset management and design teams (inc external designers and consultancies) to get projects from pre-construction on to site and through to project completion.
• Work with the client, operational and commercial teams to manage the design process from pre-cosntruction to handover.
• Attend subcontract tender launch / adjudication meetings.
• Assist with the production of Contractors Proposals.
• Work with the production team and subcontractors throughout the contract delivery
• Organise, participate and record design review meetings.
• Agree external consultant’s responsibility matrix, objectives, fees and information release schedule.
• Manage the flow of design information from external consultants and design subcontractors, and ensure the established timescales are achieved.
• Ensure cost effective solutions are incorporated in the design.
• Investigate VE opportunities where required.
• Manage the transfer of design responsibility from estimating to production.
My client is a privately owned leading national construction contractor operating across a variety of sectors. Due to organic growth their refurbishment / property services division is looking for a Design Manager to take full accountabiltiy for the design process on a highly complex Local Authority Framework contract
- Architectural qualification (or equivalent design, technical and/or construction based qualification) and/or
- Minimum 3 years’ Experience in the design and detailing of residential schemes from a Local Authority/Housing Association basis
- Proven track record of successfully managing all aspects of the technical process in relation to residential buildings
- Proven track record of managing and incorporating designs within existing buildings with residents in occupation
- Demonstrable experience in the use of EDMS, particularly Aconex
- Background in high rise buildings and cladding systems would be advantageous
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.