£51k - 57k per year
19 days ago
Deputy Estates Manager
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
A job has arisen for a Deputy Estates Manager to work client direct based in London and Kent. The Deputy Estates Manager role requires someone to be responsible for the delivery of safe, efficient and effective facilities services across the company and to ensure that engineering and building activities are compliant with statutory legislation, and health and safety. The ideal Deputy Estates Manager will have strong performance management skills and have managed multi-site.
Key Responsibilities for the Deputy Estates Manager:
- Ensure that the operational estates workforce are customer focused in providing the service to the client that is required for the department with respect to responsiveness, availability, training & capacity.
- The Deputy Estates Manager will ensure that the estates function evidences compliance with statutory, mandatory and client specific standards.
- Develop & implement operational estates policies and service reviews.
- Provide operational estates reports identifying any problematic areas within estates plant/equipment or systems to the Head of Estates and Facilities.
- Liaise and work with appropriate statutory public and private organisations.
- Improve the management and delivery of small / minor works in a cost efficient and safe manner having communicated effectively with the relevant users as necessary.
- Prepare an annual schedule of “bids” including irregular and major estates maintenance requirements based upon risk, for submission to the Head of Estates and Facilities.
- Be responsible for helping to develop long term strategic Estates Operations Plans for the Estates Manager.
- Deputise for the Head of Estates and Facilities as and when required.
- Communicate highly complex and sometimes contentious information requiring negotiation and persuasion skills to obtain agreement and co-operation. This may involve discussions with other specialist staff/ including surveyors, architects, contractors, etc..
Key Skills/ experience for the Deputy Estates Manager
- HR/Performance Management
- Statutory Compliance
- Contract Management (knowledge of specifications and tenders beneficial)
- Possibly M&E biased but not essential
- Financial acumen
- Possible PMO/Governance knowledge
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.