£16 - 18 per hour
2 months ago
Build Recruitment are currently working with a leading Housing Association in Portsmouth to recruit for a Housing Options Officer.
Must be immediately available.
- Provide detailed, personalised and broad ranging housing advice and assistance to customers enabling them to make informed decisions about the housing options available to them
- Attend and participate in professional meetings where housing has been identified as an issue for the customer.
- Contribute to identifying and developing new initiatives to prevent and resolve housing problems
- Investigate cases of homelessness (actual or threatened) and fulfil the Council’s statutory duties where appropriat
- Actively encourage new sources of accommodation locally and to respond positively to contacts from landlords and agents offering new properties or tenancies
- Non-judgemental, caring, patient and empathetic and able to deal with customers in desperate situations, but still confident to make and deliver difficult decision
- A good team player who is supportive of their colleague
- Willing to visit customers in their homes or other accommodation where conditions may be unsanitary
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV or please give Megan Lockhart a call on 07 4 9 6 08 9 78 4
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.