£65k - 75k per year + bonus, pension, health
6 months ago
Critical Technical Manager
My client are currently looking for a Critical Technical Manager to work at a new world leading energy efficient building. This is a very exciting opportunity for a Critical Technical Manager who wants to work with the latest equipment and for a client that is happy to put money into the building. The Critical Technical Manager will need to have experience of working within critical environments and have an interest in energy efficiency.
Purpose of the Critical Technical Manager
To oversee and manage all Technical Operation procedures and processes, in particular assist in the technical diagnosis of defects and maintenance tasks associated BMS Systems, Power and Distribution control systems and Plant Controls.
To act as the Site SAP with regards to the HV and LV distribution system, with particular regard to maintaining adherence to the Electrical safety rules and processes.
Key Responsibilities for the Critical Technical Manager
- To take full ownership of the BMS & critical systems controls associated with all life-safety power and distribution and business critical systems, ensure twice daily check of all BMS monitored and controlled plant is completed and any anomalies are investigated, recording any defects as they arise or brought to his attention by BMS Sub-Contractor, OGS Engineers or others, escalating to the Account Manager as necessary. (This will be undertaken Monday to Friday, However there will be a requirement for flexible working if necessary).
- To take the lead role in investigating, surveying and providing solutions to all controls related faults for all equipment maintained under the contract. Including but not restricted to the Breathable Building system, Lighting control system, sub metering system and the CHP Plant.
- To attempt to provide site based solutions to all controls related faults.
- Where required, ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
- Liaise with the Site Managers, Shift Leader & site day team as necessary to ensure maximum plant availability, advising as necessary
- Ensure that all plant are running/programmed to achieve maximum efficiency and energy performance, including a regular review of plant strategy to achieve optimisation of the BMS system, (Chiller Sequencing, boiler sequencing, planning for forecasted weather changes)
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are completed in the form of job sheets.
- Produce quotes for extra works and projects
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, reviewed and utilised for all tasks (PPM’s and reactive) carried out to ensure safe working practices.
- To maintain & develop good client relationships.
Critical Technical Manager Specification
Training Formally trained in Mechanical/Electrical/Refrigeration/Building Services maintenance. ( Apprentice time served – BTEC, City and guilds or equivalent)
Trained on BMS Systems and associated software
17th Edition Electrical qualification
Experience (Essential) Experience of maintaining tight humidity & temperature control conditioned environments.
General all round knowledge of Heating & Ventilation / Air Conditioning and building support systems and their methods of control.
HND in building Services or an equivalent
Desirable Proven experience in energy saving and plant efficiency
Able to provide effective written reports
Able to provide cost comparisons for capital replacement costs versus energy savings
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.