£13 - 14 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client is currently looking for Contract Support in the Warfield area
This role will be part of the account-based team and have support, training, access to the company's Laboratory Instrument Support sector
08:30-17:00 - Monday - Friday
- Receives all written and electronic customer work requests, verifies completeness of all entries, enter information into CMMS, issues work order ticket, determines appropriate supervisor and closes work orders upon completion.
- Communicates with requester to determine total scope of work and priority of the work to be performed. Keeps requester apprised as to the status of the work order until completion.
- Administers the preventative maintenance tracking and documentation programs, assigns and distributes the work to the appropriate supervisor, reviews scope and frequency of assignments with the supervisor and makes changes where required.
- Acts as a contact/liaison between Operational staff and the requesting department for the planning and scheduling of work performed by Operational site team.
- Generates and provides management reports on topics tracked such as overtime, work backlog, equipment repair history and cost, trouble calls, work orders, and customer satisfaction.
- Attends daily/weekly meetings with management to develop the next day/week's schedule, reviews the status of scheduled work orders, and discusses new, incoming work orders.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, operational service environment
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
- PC literate in Microsoft packages
- Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
- Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including negotiation
- Higher educational qualifications to 'A' level or degree (or equivalent)
- 2+ years experience within the Laboratory Instrument Support sector
- CMMS / Financial systems experience
If you would like to know more information please contact Aaliyah at Build Recruitment 07487794027 email@example.com
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.