£44k per year + Benefits
15 days ago
Project Surveyor (Compliance) - Berkshire based Housing Association
Salary to £44,000 per annum plus benefits package
Full time, Permanent
Your role will be to deliver professional compliance surveying services for the planned works department in relation to landlord compliance works programmes.
You will work collaboratively with colleagues in the department, across the assets & growth directorate and the business as a whole, on health and safety compliance. Your approach to building good working relationships and understanding of corporate priorities and objectives are essential to being successful in this role.
You will be working closely with external contractors on various workstreams. You will manage and seek to resolve queries from customers both as part of inspection programmes, surveys and planned programmes of compliance work. You will use your expertise to report, analyse and make recommendations on remedial works and complete these tasks in compliance with health and safety legislation, regulations, best practice and policy.
- You will undertake stock surveys, prepare schedules of condition, schedules of work, tender documentation, defect analysis reports as required and ensure that specifications are kept up to date.
- You will prepare pre-tender estimates and feasibilities for a wide range of landlord compliance projects as part of the planned inspections and works programme.
- You will assist in the design, procurement and management of contracts and contractors in delivering the works programme, ensuring that good progress is maintained on site.
- You will attend site meetings as required and ensure works are completed in accordance with contract documentation.
Skills and experiences
- Experience of managing compliance programmes and managing projects to successful completion.
- Knowledge and experience of landlord inspection and surveying programmes in a compliance context.
- Up to date knowledge of technical issues concerning landlord compliance and demonstrable experience of where they have gained this experience and applied it.
- Experience of undertaking inspections (and continued ability to do so), identifying repairs and maintenance issues.
- Able to write clear and concise reports with appropriate recommendations.
- Good understanding of current best practice in building safety and the law relating to compliance.
Qualifications and other requirements
- Completion of a recognised course in health and safety or building safety compliance.
- Driving license with own transport.
For more information on this role please contact Kieran Williams at Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.