£45k per year
018 7224 8898
8 months ago
Commercial Manager (CM) – maternity cover
Build Recuitment are proud to be looking for a Commerical Manager with a marine and/ or Civils back ground.
The position will include Full time hours, Salary: c.£45,000 - paid pro rata where necessary, Annual holiday entitlement of 28 days including bank holidays
The Company has market-leading expertise and ambitious plans for growth in three main sectors: specialist and general vessel operations, marine civil contracting and marine renewable energy installations, operations & maintenance. The Commercial Manager is responsible for overseeing operations by minimising risk and maximising project profitability and winning new business. The role involves tendering for new work, drafting, negotiating and agreeing contracts and commercial management of projects. An understanding of commercial risk and reward is critical and focal points are, operational and commercial oversight of projects from inception to completion; identification and mitigation of risk; building productive relationships with customers; and, Development of a cross-functional team with a variety of skills and experience.The Commercial Manager is the lead client facing commercial representative and carries responsibility for all commercial and contractual project matters. These activities include management of commercial and operational risks from estimating and tendering stage through to completion, account management and forecasting input, identifying opportunities for revenue maximisation, claim management, etc. Throughout these activities the Commercial Managers is a leader within a multi-disciplinary project team working with both the engineering and operational departments as well as the finance and accounting teams. He or she collates business intelligence and to help shape the business strategy through the preparation of a strategic plan and the testing of its success.
Key personal qualities are:
• communication and collaboration;
• diligence, accuracy and strong analytical skills;
• leadership; and,
• self-confidence and resilience.
The role reports to the Group Finance and Commercial Director and, as necessary, the Board.
Typical duties and responsibilities
- Relationship management of existing customers and the development of key accounts.
- Identification of new customer opportunities through marketing, PR, networking and business development and the pursuit of new business leads as they arise.
- Partnering with the Business Development Manager to control of the tender process including bid management, estimating and pricing and the development of appropriate technical solutions.
- Drafting, negotiation and agreement of sales contracts and subsequent commercial management of projects in line with the contractual framework.
- Risk assessment and management at project and business level including commercial, technical, operational, legal and regulatory, insurance and weather risk.
- Commercial management of key customers and suppliers.
- Analysis of project profitability and review of project delivery to promote continuous improvement.
- Development and implementation of new projects and services to progress the Company's business model.
- Ownership of the charter and rental functions of the Company.
To perform successfully in this role we would expect the Commercial Manager to:
- Deliver profitable projects.
- Efficient client account management, including upselling, claims management and return custom.
- Promote a culture of commerciality and growth throughout the business.
- Be a participative, collaborative and enthusiastic member of project teams, providing support for colleagues on best practice.
- Assume responsibility for the strategic decision-making process.
- Be an excellent negotiator.
- Keep fully up to date with commercial contract law, the development of forms of contract including BIMCO, LOGIC, FIDIC and NEC and share relevant knowledge throughout the Company.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of market trends and competitors.
Qualifications and experience
- Postsecondary education / degree in a related field
- Highly computer literate
- Detailed practical operational and technical understanding
- Marine or construction project management or commercial / contract management experience
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.