Construction, Trades & Labour
£50k - 60k per year + Package
10 months ago
Construction - Green Roofs
£60,000 + Benefits
My client, one of the leading companies in Green Roofs, are on the look for a Commercial Manager to join the business due to continuous growth.
- Once a Subcontract has been received and accepted review the Contract particulars with the Pre commencement Team to ensure full understanding of the company’s costs, the contract terms under which the order is to be placed, potential works programme and all site conditions including site location, roof[s] layout and access. Due to the volume of works currently being awarded there will be weekly handover meetings from the Pre-Construction Team to the Operations Team. The Operations Team will consist of – Operations Manager, Contracts Manager, Material Buyer and Commercial Manager.
- Ensure that you are fully aware of the scope of works that the company has committed to, the contract programme and quality of work expected. Review key details and risk factors already identified and, or any unforeseen on-site elements that are specific to the project and ensure that it is clearly recorded.
- Weekly Site Visits will be required and in conjunction with the Contracts Manager monitor and review contract progress to ensure delivery of the works in accordance with the programme, at the quality required and for the cost the company has allowed. Identify any deviations from the company’s offer and review these with the team. Take photographic and, or video records of evidence of works in progress from each site visit for company files and future reference when necessary. Ensure all aspects of the company’s scope of works are captured and duly recorded internally.
- Liaise with the Contracts Managers to prepare detailed records denoting works completed for valuation purposes and the submission of the final account in accordance with the terms of the contract. Ensure that valuations are submitted on time and in accordance with the contract terms. Detailed records need to be kept for any variation works.
- To undertake the work required in accordance with the ISO systems and procedures determined by the Directors of the company and to execute the works in a professional manner and to a consistently high quality.
Experience and skills
- Experience of working as a construction Project Surveyor role or similar
- Experience of working in Construction environment
- Experience of working for a Main Contractor or Building Contractor
- Experience of working on own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience of working with ISO management systems (desirable)
- Knowledge of the technicalities involved in working on an Extensive (Green Roof) contract and the ability to read architectural drawings. Training on Green Roofs will be provided.
- Knowledge of the technicalities in managing / reading a programme under a Principal Contractor.
- Knowledge of the technicalities involved in delivering design and build contracts and working with association stakeholders
- Understanding of all on-site Health & Safety requirements and responsibilities pertaining to the delivery of contracted works and their management and delivery.
- Knowledge of relevant Construction Contracts and their application to the role and, or company in delivery of the contracted works.
- Ability to organise the proper internal administration of projects and effectively operate a good management system, be able to communicate and interact well with colleagues and with other departments and a clear ability to work to an agreed agenda and timetable.
If this opportunity excites you or you want to find out more information about other roles then please do not hesitate to get in touch with Aaron Battrawden at Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.