£95k - 115k per year + Package
2 months ago
Role: Commercial Manager – Planned Maintenance/ Refurbishment
Salary: £95k- £115k + Package
Location: Central London
My client, who are a leading construction and regeneration group are seeking a Commercial Manager to join the property services division due to a recent contract win. The main purpose of this role will be to Lead, manage and support all pre and post contract commercial activities within the Planned & Sustainability Hubs, supporting contracts and frameworks contained within This framework will focus on a mixture of planned, retrofit and regeneration works both internal and external up to £25m per annum
- Ensuring the integrity of the Region’s trading results, accuracy of forecasts, timely and effective compilation of company reports, such that at all times the Regeneration and or Partnership Directors and Board are provided with best intelligence.
- Ensure clear budgets are set for project hubs and that robust forecasts and improvement plans are in place to evidence how they will be achieved.
- Ensuring that best practice consistently prevails throughout the Region’s activities, principally within the surveying discipline.
- Ensure all contractual relationships are managed effectively.
- Ensure that commercial opportunity is optimised and converted as appropriate, through maximising organic growth opportunities and ensure they recover all contractual entitlements.
- Ensure a comprehensive Commercial Register is implemented, updated and in conjunction with the Operational Team, reviewed through-out the life of the scheme.
- Participating in tender appraisal, bid strategy and adjudication, ensuring that all contractual arrangements accord with the Commercial Management Rules (CMR). Liaise with the companies representatives on matters concerning bonds, PCG’s, Warranties and any other onerous clauses or requirements.
- Ensuring that the post contract administration of projects is entirely in accordance with the CMR.
- Ensuring that the region’s CVR’s and forecasts documents are produced in a timely manner and to a high-quality standard with accurate information.
- Ensure that the region’s debt / WIP is kept to an absolute minimum
- Oversee the final account process acting in accordance with the company delegated authority limits.
- Lead on effective risk management and protect business reputation
- Review and authorise Sub-Contract payments, ensuring that payments are in line with contractual requirements, are robust and supported with the necessary documentation in line with the DLA.
- Ensure that cash flow forecasts are accurate and are optimised where possible.
- Being the trusted advisor to the Operational team in contractual and financial matters.
- Ensure that at all times in the conduct of the Region’s activities, the company’s Commercial Management Rules are strictly adhered to.
- Vetting of contractual documentation to ensure that post-contract arrangements concur with the basis of the bid. Advise bid teams of areas of risk and opportunity within tender documentation.
- Manage the performance of staff under your guidance and ensure staff development plans are implemented and actioned.
- Coach, mentor and motivate direct reports, ensuring development needs are identified and the PDR process is consistent across all staff without exception.
- Provide clients with advice and guidance with funded work streams and tax exemption possibilities
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Good knowledge of responsive, cyclical and planned maintenance.
- To form and develop relationships with clients and supply chain.
- The commercial ability to maximise value recovery, ensure cost control and cash management.
- Knowledge and understanding of measurement and valuation, budgets and forecast management.
- To review, challenge and authorise CVR’s and supplementary financial reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of final accounts, subcontract orders and buying.
- The recruitment, training, development and management of commercial teams.
If this opportunity excites you or you want to find out more information about other roles, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with email@example.com
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.