£40k - 42k per year + van, 30mins travel time
3 months ago
Job Title: Commercial Gas Engineer
Location: Southwest England
Salary: £40,000 + Over time
Job Type: Permanent, Mobile
Our client who are one of the leading FM service providers are currently recruiting for a commercial gas engineer to work in the Southwest of England. This is a permanent opportunity where you will be valued and given the chance to progress. This mobile commercial gas engineer is covering a range of contracts and buildings such as multi tenanted offices, data centres, and retail buildings as well as others. The areas the mobile commercial gas engineer will be covering is East Dorset to West Hampshire.
Applicants should have Domestic and Commercial Experience and would be an advantage to have any plumbing skills with relevant commercial experience. The applicant would be expected to assist with various reactive and PPM tasks, as well as core combustion skills. This is a hands-on role and would suit an individual that can work using their own initiative and have a proactive approach to undertake all tasks required, a conscientious and reliable team player and someone that has excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to plan and supervise their own workload, liaise with the landlord’s representatives and their clients is also required.
- Attend and complete PPMs & Reactive works as scheduled including breakdowns
- Have install experience (retrofit/system replacements)
- Troubleshooting/ Fault finding on all A/C systems
- To produce quotations for works /remedials following service visits
- To work on Splits, VRFS, AHUs and DX systems and some Central Plant
- Complete all FGAS paperwork on sites and update logbooks in client premises
- To be part of the Out of Hours Call Out Rota
- Role includes Van, Uniform PDA and Mobile Phone
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- A minimum of: COCN1, ICPN1, CIGA1, CDGA1, TPCP1,TCP1A, CCN1, CENWAT and applicable domestic qualifications
- Excellent gas knowledge of current gas regulations.
- Knowledge of a variety of Commercial/Domestic appliances and installations.
- Possess comprehensive technical skills along with extensive experience in commercial fault finding and rectification with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge, both domestic and commercial of most major manufactures i.e. Valliant Powermatic, Riello, Broag, Combat, Ambi-Rad, Ideal, Potterton, Nu Way and Worcester etc.
- Good all-round knowledge of heating systems with controls/BMS knowledge desirable.
- Good plumbing skills
- Good interpersonal & communicating skills, flexible approach to work/Clients’ requirements.
- Full UK driving licence
- DBS Check
- Overtime x1.5 on weekday and x2 on weekends + day in lieu on bank holidays
- Standby rate is £15 per day and £50 on bank holidays
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata into shifts for shift workers)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays – buy 5 days & sell 2 days
- Life assurance
- Auto-enrolment company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Purchase an electric vehicle via salary sacrifice
- Employee discounts with various brands
- Learning and development programs, training and career opportunities.
If you are a mobile AC engineer looking for a new opportunity and meet the criteria above please apply or send us an email with any questions. Ruby.Skinner@buildrec.com
(“commercial gas engineer” or “gas engineer”) and (“commercial” or “public sector” or “hospital” or “fm” or “facilities management”)
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.