£36k - 39k per year + Progression, Pension
7 months ago
Build Recruitment are excited to be working with Gov Facilities LTD on an exclusive basis to recruit a combustion engineer for their large public sector site, this role is a permanent position and working directly for Gov Facilities LTD. Gov Facilities LTD are part of the Ministry of Justice and offer very exciting career opportunities, progression and job security. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who has commercial boiler experience and is keen to move to a company that invests in their employees. Please only apply for this position if you have mechanical maintenance experience and knowledge.
Purpose of Role
- To ensure the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of plumbing, heating and water supply / services throughout the estate.
- To undertake survey inspections for quality control purposes including in confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs.
- To ensure the sites gas fired appliances and associated systems are safe to operate, maintained to statutory and manufacturers requirements
- To ensure that any immediately dangerous gas appliances are identified and shut off in accordance with the gas industry unsafe situations procedure in order to minimise risk to staff and the establishment, identifying the problem and taking remedial action as required
- To take accountability for reactive maintenance within the prison estate in line with the sites long term goals and objectives
- To fault find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site services levels at all times
- To ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out, undertake service requests raised by the computer aided facilities management system
- To ensure all activities are effectively prioritised in-line with local procedures. It is expected that this role will resolve day to day operational issues, ensuring managers are notified and only escalating exceptional issues to the Supervisors / Site Manager when additional resources are required
Skills And Abilities
● Plumber qualified to C&G 6035 (Plumbing), C&G 6189 (Plumbing and heating) and NVQ level 3 in Plumbing or equivalent.
● CCN1 - Core domestic gas safety and relevant domestic appliance units
● COCN1 - Core commercial gas safety certificate and relevant commercial units (Desirable)
● Two years experience working in a role as a heating engineer, a combustion engineer or equivalent
● Must be familiar with and able to work to Water Supply Regulation and Control of Legionella L8 requirements
● Must be familiar with and able to work to Gas safe (installation and use) regulations 1998 and associated industry Standards
● Experience of working with commercial catering gas appliances would be beneficial
● Experience of working with HTHW & Steam systems would be beneficial
● Excellent organisational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
● Basic IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
If you’re keen to hear more about what Gov Facilities LTD can offer you and your career please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.