Hammersmith & Fulham
£45k - 50k per year + Van + Fuel Card
6 months ago
Commercial Gas Engineer
23 days holiday plus bank holidays, Accident Cover - B&CE Scheme, Life Assurance - B&CE Scheme, Company van if required (work use only), Career progression with our Training and Development programme, Company Uniform, Cycle to Work Scheme, Oracle benefits; including Cashback, voucher codes, shopping vouchers, reloadable cards, discount holidays etc., Eye Care Vouchers, Share Save schemes, 1 Professional Subscription per annum, Paid voluntary work, we will consider requests for flexible working where possible
About the Role
Working to deliver highest quality service to carry out a variety of building services tasks. Working efficiently and safety in line with best practise to achieve excellent customer experience. This role may operate across multiple contracts
· To comply with gas safety standards and company standards of work performance, ensuring implementation and compliance within gas policies and procedures.
· Ensure implementation and compliance with company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
· To undertake a continual programme of Risk Assessment in relation to your role.
· Attend training as and when required to continue your development in the role and comply with changes within the gas industry.
· Attend Team Briefs, Toolbox Talks and Technical Bulletins on a monthly basis or as and when required.
· Utilise both electronic and paper-based systems to accurately record gas documentation including the use of labour and materials against each job.
· To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
· To mentor apprentices as and when required.
· The post holder may be required to perform duties, appropriate to the post, other than those given in the job specification.
· Liaise with tenants, clients and members of our supply chain
· Maintain van stocks and provide information enabling the improvements of first-time fixes for the area you work within.
· Be flexible and willing to work overtime to cover workloads during busy periods.
· Cover out of hours on a rota basis.
Specific to this role
The ideal candidate will be multi-skilled, be required to carry out Responsive & Planned repairs to both occupied and void properties. You will to available for inclusion on an "Out of Hours" emergency rota which is covers 365 days/24 hours per week. You may be asked to travel to complete tasks assigned. Being able to use a hand-held device for receiving and completing assigned tasks is essential, full training will be provided.
You should be a customer focused individual, experienced in working in both occupied and void properties with a passion for completing a high-quality repair on time and at the first visit.
You will be required to carry out the full range of general maintenance and refurbishment work to occupied and vacant properties whilst ensuring that Health and Safety procedures and safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
You must hold a valid full or automatic UK driving licence held for a minimum of 12 months as a company vehicle will be provided (work use only).
As a minimum you should have an excellent working H&S knowledge and in date training certs in: Asbestos Awareness, Working at Height, Manual Handling.
Must have - Current ACS accreditation in CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, CPA1, HTR1.
Must hold the following Commercial Gas qualifications BMP1, CCN1, CDGA1, CIGA1, CMDDA1, CODNC01, CORT1.CPA1, ICPN1, TPCP1
Desirable - OFTEC, HETAS
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.