020 3176 4793
about 2 months ago
My clients currently looking for a Multi Skilled Engineer to join their Facilities Maintenance Team covering commercial sites in the SE, SW and W postcode areas. In this role, the technician will be expected to have excellent technical knowledge of electrical systems, mechanical power and control wiring and test inspection of electrical installations. Perform routine maintenance checks in relation to Gas and Hot and Cold Water systems. You'll be expected to work on multiple FM systems with the majority of the work being electrical maintenance. The engineer will need a flexible approach to work and be willing to travel to different sites within a specified geographical area, with the possibility to stay away from home on occasions. A vehicle will be provided for required travel. The technician will have excellent communication skills and be able to discuss work and progress with customers and managers.
- You will be working 37.5 hours per week Full time. Typical attendance will be 8am until 4pm Monday to Friday, there is also a callout rota.
- Stand by payment - £255 per month when covering usually 1 in 4 rota
- Overtime – when required - Weekday overtime x 1.4 / Saturday x 1.5 / Sunday 2.0
- Enrolled into company pension.
- Must hold a Commercial gas qualification/certification either COCN1 or CODNCO1
- You must be a Gas Safe registered Gas engineer
- Applicants will ideally be qualified and accredited by Gas Safe in commercial gas modules to include CKR1, CMET, CEN1 and CIGA1.
- Experience maintaining Gas equipment / pipe work and hot and cold water systems
- Successful applicants must hold an Electrical certification such as the 17th/ 18th edition
- The role holder must have planned maintenance experience of electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience in fault finding and diagnosis with the ability to provide advice and guidance to others across all systems where required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers, explaining technical issues.
- The ability to analyse and understand complex technical issues in relation to electrical systems
- Ideally you will be IPAF and MEWP trained and qualified, and be comfortable working at heights.
- Experience of dealing with Customers in a commercial environment.
- Applicants must hold a valid full UK driving licence (minimum CAT B entitlement) no endorsements preferable.
- Computer literacy skills an advantage
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.