£42k - 44k per year + OTE + Company Van + Benefits
4 months ago
Commercial Gas Enigneer
Overall Purpose To supply a top-quality service using industry knowledge, ACS & other relevant qualifications including work experience to ensure the highest standards of gas safety and maintenance regimes are achieved on every job, in commercial premises, residential blocks & energy centres.
Key Tasks / Activities / Responsibilities
• Essential identification and management of any existing or likely unsafe situations by means of visual and practical risk assessment, taking all necessary precautions/actions to make safe or completing any remedial works in order to safeguard life and property in line with approved industry procedures. Also complying with regulations regarding reporting of unsafe situations.
• Ensure that planned preventative maintenance (PPM) is carried out in line with task schedules, frequencies and industry best practices.
• Identify any defects found and provide parts list and estimated timescales to complete the defects.
• Comply with correct gas tightness testing procedures, including checking gas meters, gas working pressures, and have sound knowledge of the workings of a commercial boiler room.
• Comply with industry standards and manufacturer’s instructions regarding provision, inspection and testing of ventilation.
• Carry out servicing and maintenance to any commercial gas appliance with an operative's range of ACS certification and take any necessary action to adjust or make safe the appliance according to the readings noted.
• Carrying out PPM to energy centres, associated appliances, equipment & pipework
• To demonstrate and achieve a high level of customer care
• To report to and liaise with the Supervisor to ensure efficient service delivery
• To comply with the codes, policies and procedures of the employer, including equality and diversity, sustainability, and health and safety
• To complete time sheets and work sheets and reports as required
• Must be able to submit presentable and accurate paperwork including PDA database information as per requirements of the contract to establish works carried out and coding costing information to be obtained
• Working as an integral team member as well as a mentor and coach to apprentices and colleagues
• Ensuring a first time fix on as many occasions as possible & maintain a high rate of first fix • Work in any location throughout London and the UK, if required
• Must be prepared to undertake any additional training required by the business
• Must possess a full, well-maintained tool kit at all times
• To undertake to work as part of a call out rota
• To undertake such duties, which are commensurate with the post from time to time to the direction of the management
• Planned & preventative maintenance to energy centres
• Boiler breakdowns & servicing
• Good time keeping and attendance with the ability to effectively manage time, and a positive attitude
• Confident approach to normal and stressful situations
• Attention to detail
• Fault find
• Work testing
• This is a hands-on role for an individual who thrives on own initiatives and adopts a proactive approach in undertaking all required tasks. The successful applicant must be a conscientious and reliable team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Planned & preventative maintenance in commercial environments
• A thorough and up to date gas safety knowledge essential requirement of valid commercial ACS certifications: CODNCO1 / ICPN1 / CIGA1 / CORT1 / CDGA1 + Domestic Qualifications CCN1 CENWAT beneficial
• City & Guilds/NVQ in Mech Eng, HVAC or building services
• Full responsibility for gas safety and health & safety issues, whilst lone working.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.