£38k - 42k per month + Van + Fuel Card +OTE
2 months ago
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities: To maintain services by delivering planned and reactive maintenance to an agreed programme, budget and quality within the company’s operational targets. We work mainly in places of learning, worship and sheltered accommodation, therefore your ability to deliver great customer service to a diverse client base, is as important to us as your technical skills.
- To carry out inspections, diagnose faults, fit parts and carry out repairs.
- Testing and commissioning of equipment.
- To undertake gas servicing, repairs and maintenance.
- To carry out other maintenance, repairs and remedial works as directed.
- Call out duties via rota duties
- To complete job sheets for every task, daily log sheets and via PDA.
- To comply with safe working practices ensuring the safety of the workforce and public is maintained at all times.
- Liaise with all stakeholders as required to ensure a high quality service is delivered and a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Responsible for the delivery of planned commitments to the client, ensuring agreed KPI’s and service levels are being met.
- Provide technical support and advice.
- To supervise and train staff.
- To maintain a high standard of customer service for all internal and external facing activities
- To attend tool box talks.
- To comply with the company’s Health & Safety policy at all times and follow all related safe systems of work. Attend safety meetings, training and briefings as may be required.
- Ensure that all accident, near miss events or potential hazards are reported to their line manager immediately.
- Ensure that work areas are kept in a safe condition whilst the work is being carried out and that the area is made safe at the end of the day
- Undertake other duties of a similar nature as required by management. Responsible for care and maintenance of vehicle; washes vehicle and cleans interior; takes vehicle to garage for maintenance and repair.
- Be responsible for the care and condition of all vehicles, plant tools and equipment issued to or used by the post holder, completing all related pre use or scheduled safety inspections as required. To report any vehicle malfunctions to management as soon as possible.
- Relevant experience of working in the commercial gas industry and dealing with the general public.
- Knowledge of Plumbing & Commercial Gas Engineering
- Maintenance and Installation
- Experience as a suitably qualified heating/gas service engineer working in commercial and/or domestic premises
- A working knowledge of heating distribution and ventilation system is essential, as the majority of works will be within plant rooms with all associated equipment.
- Experience with routine maintenance of associated plant items such as pumps, heat changers, pressure vessels and valves.
- Appropriate gas industry qualifications
- Use and ability to train in the use of PDA devices
- The ability to establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- To be able to work as part of a team
- It is a requirement that a valid full clean driving licence is maintained
CCN1 Gas Safety
CEN1 Gas boiler install service and commission
HTR1 Gas fires
CPA1 Gas flue analyser
WAT1 Water Heaters
UDHW Unvented Domestic Hot Water
CODNCO1 Changeover Domestic – Commercial NG
COCN1 Core Commercial Gas Safety
CORT1 Overhead Radiant Heaters
CIGA1 Indirect Fired Commercial Appliances
ICPN1 Installation of Commercial Pipework
CDGA1 Direct Fired Commercial Appliances
TPCP1A Testing & Purging of Pipework
LPG qualified Desirable not essential
TPCP1 Testing & Purging Desirable not essential
Planning & Organising
Ensuring the successful achievement of results through the effective planning and management of resources, which are in line with the organisation’s strategic direction. The ability to think through and adopt a clear, sensible step-by step approach to planning and organising work making effective use of time, resources in order to get the job done as effectively as possible.
Working collaboratively and sharing information within and across the company to contribute to the effective delivery of services. Building and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues to foster team spirit, commitment to the team and achievement of shared goals.
Focus on discovering and acting on the client’s needs. A commitment to putting the client first. Clients may include ‘internal’ staff and external clients.
Able to undertake call out duties.
DBS Check required.
- Competitive Salary dependent on experience
- 22 days Holiday Plus Bank Holidays ( Rises with service)
- Pension Scheme with salary sacrifice scheme of 3% Employer contribution rising to 4% in April 2019
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Birthday Off ( After 1 year of service)
- Death In Service benefit 4x Salary
- Van, Fuel Card, Phone, PDA and PPE
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.