£100k - 120k per year + Car, Bonus & Package
about 1 month ago
Commercial Director - Dispute Resolution, Conflict Avoidance & Risk Management
Construction Main Contractor
£100-120k + car / allowance, package and bonus
We are recruiting for a Regional Commercial Director for a highly reputable main contractor to support the board, MD's and fellow RCD's with expert knowledge predominantly around conflict avoidance and dispute resolution amongst other duties.
The division's combined turnover is in excess of £300m and operates through numerous sub-divisions. The RCD will support the the various divisions with sound commercial knowledge without having typical 'operational P&L / client facing' duties, key accountabilities will be:
- Conflict Avoidance / Dispute Resolution
- Coordinate best practice and lessons learned from within the business and across the industry
- Approver and Commercial Rep of main contracts and appointments
- Lead central Contract Administration
- Coach and Challenge project teams and business units
- Central lead for risk management
- Produce clear business / functional review reports (aligned to purpose/accountabilities) that encompass all aspects of the reviews in a concise, clear, action orientated document and present to variety of stakeholders, senior leaders and at external forums.
- Discuss and record with appropriate Business Leader(s) or Functional Head(s) strategic improvements and/or compliance requirements.
- Chair meetings and groups, garner opinions of attendee’s from multi-disciplinary background and with a variety of competing views/priorities
- Capable of mediating between differences of opinion and principle and shepherd towards common goals, the ability to cut through emotion and focus on precise issues/outcomes.
- Work collaboratively across existing management teams to gain buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Be an escalation point and pro actively work towards problem solving (hierarchy).
- Produce written communication pieces for targeted audiences to raise awareness of specific trends around areas of risk or value.
- Ability to train individuals and teams in complex area’s/emerging laws.
- Join, attend, and contribute to senior leadership and client meetings
- Responsible for ensuring spend with third party consultants is generating best value
- Responsible for ensuring the financial benefit of projects is tracked and recorded against forecast savings and budgeted requirements
- Role is responsible for co-ordinating and managing a team made up of internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for supporting BU and Functional leaders with people management where appropriate as well as providing mentoring or coaching support as requested
The successful candidate could come from a career to date in legal, audit or quantity surveying / commercial management
- Knowledge and experience in a senior position (Business/Projects/Legal) of general business principals including strategy, operations, budgeting, tracking etc as well as a high level understanding on business processes, profit levers, importance of stake-holder engagement and Communications,
- Ability to gain understanding of the BU including structure and key stakeholders and short, medium, and long term objectives
- Clarity over the business priorities and drivers
- Excellent commercial / legal knowledge / acumen with the aptitude and ability to analyse data, spot trends and identify problem/target areas.
- Keeping up to date with developments in law specific to the sectors we work in.
- Best practice risk management/mitigation.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.