£30k - 35k per year
020 3434 4592
about 2 months ago
Permanent - £30,000 - £35,000
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment – from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a Housing Maintenance Contractor who are looking for a Commercial Assistant based in Ealing.
- To provide support and assistance towards the financial management of the joint venture maintenance contract, ensuring that financial targets are achieved.
- To provide an effective interface with the clients, Partnering management, consultants and suppliers.
- To Validate and approve subcontractor quotations to ensure value for money is achieved
- To Agree subcontractor valuations and payments.
- To identify, build up, Generate and Agree Variations with the client
- To collate, submit and agree applications/payment with the client.
- To analyse and review commercial and operational data to help the business make informed & strategical decisions to achieve optimal profitability.
- To ensure that cost information is collated monthly, and the necessary risk and opportunity are accounted for.
- Ensure that the contract is properly informed as to the commercial and financial position so it can best make business decisions.
Day to Day:
- Application – Invoicing – Cash Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Cost Control
- Site Support
- Ensure all contract requirements fulfilled
- Assist in successful management of the project
- Any other duties required
Requirements (Skills & Qualifications):
- Experience working in the Social housing sector as a principle and/or Main contractor across the following Business streams:
- Responsive Repairs
- Planned & Cyclical – Kitchen & Bathrooms
- Compliance – EICR & FRA
- Project Works
- Experience Procuring, working with and managing supply chain Partners
- Experience Surveying, Pricing and Validating Subcontractor Quotations
- Experience Measuring Works, Generating and Agreeing applications
- Experience working with typical Pricing agreements & Frameworks within a TPC Contract, which includes mandatory knowledge of NHF Schedule of Rates and Basket Rates
- A recognised quantity surveying qualification and/or Background
- Experience in financial reporting and data analysis
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are necessary
- IT skills including advanced Excel and Word are essential
- A practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking.
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Negotiation and teamwork skills
- The ability to motivate and lead those on site
Detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes & materials
Please apply or contact Leah Ali at Build Recruitment for further details.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.