£28k - 32k per year
020 3176 4790
5 months ago
Commercial Administrator / Assitant (Social Housing)
Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00am – 17:00pm
Base salary: £28K rising to £30K after successful 3-month probation period
Year one incentive scheme (EIS): Up to £2,800
I am currently looking for an experienced Commercial Administrator / Assistant to work for a leading housing maintenance contractor based in Hertford.
You are a key contributor to the success of the business, being a brand ambassador for our Values and Strategy. Your primary, short term, purpose is to work with the Commercial lead to help create & implement a process in which we are maximising time & value for orders that have been operationally completed across a multitude of contracts
We have a great team in place who, with mentoring and support along with an engaged Client will be empowered to deliver contract excellence for our residents, people, client and wider business.
We operate differently. We will support, train and empower you to own your role. You will have profit and loss decision making responsibilities and be involved in shaping not only the future of this contract, but the businesses wider growth.
Reporting to and working hand in hand the Commercial Lead you will provide insight and own the customer journey post completion to payment.
- To lead as a key influencer the companies values and strategic objectives.
- To commercially review orders once completed by the operational team that are aligned to internal & external processes. This would include the correct costs/SORs being applied, and correct documentation has been uploaded to help with a smooth transition from completed to invoiced.
- Ownership of the commercial process & sales from works completed status through to invoiced, within your region
- Support operational teams by providing analysis/reports to ensure we are delivering a high service
- Maintain a high standard of communication & relationships with the client surveying teams, commercial teams, financial teams, customers, colleagues & supply chain partners.
- Working within your delegated level of authority.
- At least 1 years’ experience as a Commercial Administrator / Assistant within Social Housing
- Good knowledge / experience working with SOR codes
- Team player
- Highly organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Year one incentive scheme (EIS): Up to £2800
Comprising: 4% on visions and values & 6% of meeting short term objectives
- Holidays: 28 days including bank holidays
- Personal development: Averages at £5,000
- Private health care insurance (post probationary period)
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Lunch on Matt – once a month
- Perk box
- Inclusion in quarterly compliments scheme (£500 draw per quarter)
- Training, mentoring and development investment – at least two weeks per annum
- Opportunity to bid for investment via our inflection fund
- Support in personal development aligned with succession planning and promotion opportunities
Objectives within us are team set and lead by the stakeholder responsible using the pillars of our Values and Business strategy as guidance. Below are the initial thoughts on specific targets that would fall within your responsibilities. These are intended as guidelines to help formulate a decision on the role and would be collaboratively reviewed during your onboarding period.
Short Term Targets – 2020/2021:
- Work with the commercial lead and operational team in ownership of commercial delivery across contracts.
- Understanding and resolving queries that will contribute to a reduction in debtor days.
- Driving reduction in number of days from completed orders to invoiced.
- Understand each contracts nuisances’ and processes to maintain a collaborative working relationship.
- Supporting supply chain partners with commercial queries.
- Building strong & lasting relationships with each client as well as you peers.
- Analysing trends and reporting on recommendations to aid continuous contract improvement.
- Truly understand our purpose and be an ambassador of our approach.
- Meeting quarterly objectives.
- Understanding new client’s challenges and barriers.
- Delay in invoicing commercial WIP.
- A lack of cohesion between operational & commercial functions
- Transition to a new works management system
Long Term Targets 2020 – 2022:
- Exceed agreed business performance targets. Provide a service that you are proud of and that is fit for award nomination.
- Develop and lead on a collaborative culture aligned with our core values. Contribute to the future successes of the business and own the role!
- Be actively involved in providing options through the succession plan of the company for employees who wish to progress.
- Learn, develop & apply your new skills to the role
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.