£36k - 39k per year
020 3176 4790
20 days ago
We are recruiting a combustion engineer at site in Highbury and Islington, the duties of the combustion engineer is to ensure the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of plumbing, heating and water supply / services throughout the estate.
To undertake survey inspections for quality control purposes including in confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs.
● To take accountability for and act as the Gas Safe appointed person if required
● To ensure the sites gas fired appliances and associated systems are safe to operate, maintained to statutory and manufacturers requirements
● To ensure that any immediately dangerous gas appliances are identified and shut off in accordance with the gas industry unsafe situations procedure in order to minimise risk to staff and the establishment, identifying the problem and taking remedial action as required
● To be responsible for escalating unsafe gas situations through the technical team or directly to the industry regulator when appropriate
● To keep abreast of statutory and best practice changes in the specialist combustion industry
● To be prepared for ad hoc professional competency assessments undertaken by internal teams and the industry regulator
● To keep combustion qualifications up to date by attending assessment courses not less than every five years
● To take accountability for reactive maintenance within the prison estate in line with the sites long term goals and objectives
● To fault always find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site services levels
● Plumber qualified to C&G 6035 (Plumbing), C&G 6189 (Plumbing and heating) and NVQ level 3 in Plumbing or equivalent.
● CCN1 - Core domestic gas safety and relevant domestic appliance units
● COCN1 - Core commercial gas safety certificate and relevant commercial units (Desirable)
● Two years experience working in a role as a heating engineer, a combustion engineer or equivalent
● Must be familiar with and able to work to Water Supply Regulation and Control of Legionella L8 requirements
● Must be familiar with and able to work to Gas safe (installation and use) regulations 1998 and associated industry Standards
● Experience of working with commercial catering gas appliances would be beneficial
● Experience of working with HTHW & Steam systems would be beneficial
● Experience working on commercial or industrial heating and water systems is desirable
● Excellent organisational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
● Strong communication skills
If you would like to apply for the role please get in touch and I will contact you if you are shortlisted.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.