£36k - 39k per year
about 1 month ago
We are currently recruiting for a gas engineer to work fulltime in a permanent role for one of our public sector sites direct. This role is working along side a supporting team and offers endless opportunties for you to progress within the company. There will be over time available call outs.
● To take accountability for and act as the Gas Safe appointed person if required
● To ensure the sites gas fired appliances and associated systems are safe to operate, maintained to statutory and manufacturers requirements
● To ensure that any immediately dangerous gas appliances are identified and shut off
● To be responsible for escalating unsafe gas situations through the technical team or directly to the industry regulator when appropriate
● To take accountability for reactive maintenance within the site
● To fault find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site services levels at all times
● Plumber qualified to C&G 6035 (Plumbing), C&G 6189 (Plumbing and heating) and NVQ level 3 in Plumbing or equivalent.
● CCN1 - Core domestic gas safety and relevant domestic appliance units
● COCN1 - Core commercial gas safety certificate and relevant commercial units (Desirable)
● Two years experience working in a role as a heating engineer, a combustion engineer or equivalent
● Must be familiar with and able to work to Water Supply Regulation and Control of Legionella L8 requirements
● Must be familiar with and able to work to Gas safe (installation and use) regulations 1998 and associated industry Standards
● Experience of working with commercial catering gas appliances would be beneficial
● Experience of working with HTHW & Steam systems would be beneficial
● Experience working on commercial or industrial heating and water systems is desirable
● Strong communication skills
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.