£35k - 42k per year + Car Allowance
3 months ago
Clerk of Works - Fire Safety
Location: Chatham, Kent
Salary: £35 - £42K + Car allowance (Permanent)
Purpose of role
To ensure quality of works are delivered on site via projects to ensure appropriate Fire Safety and Building Regulation compliance. You will undertake and record regular inspections on site to look after mhs homes group’s interest to produce safe homes compliance with all necessary Fire Safety and Building Regulations compliance. You will monitor progress of works, report and escalate as necessary to advise of accurate position. You maybe working in existing buildings and on new development sites.
- Work as part of a team reporting into the Senior Project Manager to help drive quality of Fire Safety and Building Regulation compliant works across all work-streams.
- To deliver a full range of clerk of works services on relevant projects
- To work in partnership with appointed contractors, and consultants
- To ensure projects are executed in complete accordance with the contract documents and technical brief
- To monitor the progress and quality of works and liaise with contractors/consultants to ensure that project targets and standards are met
- To produce regular reports on progress of projects/contracts, and quality on-site
- To record and escalate any matters from site that are in conflict with project and technical standards required
What you will bring:
Professional qualification in Clerk of Works role (eg ICWCI)
Relevant experience as Clerk of Works
Detailed Building Pathology knowledge and construction techniques
Knowledge of passive fire safety standards and methods
Detailed knowledge of standards of workmanship required on site
Ability to report concisely on progress and quality
Fire Safety qualifications (Desirable)
If this sounds like you please apply with your CV or alternatively contact Kieran.Williams@buildrec.com or 07487 847 467
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.