£48k per year + progression, discount
about 2 months ago
Carpenter Supervisor (Night shifts)
Permanent - £48,000
4 on, 4 off 19:30 - 07:30
Our client has approached us looking for a carpenter supervisor to work for them directly in one of the largest luxury retail stores in London. This role as a carpenter is working on a shift basis covering nights (12 hours per day). The ideal superivsor for this role will be looking for job security, progression and must be confident using their own initiative. The building its self is a listed building and requires a lot of attention meaning the carpenter supervisor for this role must be used to working in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities as a supervisor:
- To carry out both reactive and PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) tasks as required and to agreed standards.
- To deliver the PPM tasks to agreed timescales.
- To carry out special projects at the request of the Operations Maintenance Manager and / or the Facilities Senior Management team.
- To ensure that all work is in line with industry best practice adhering to relevant Health and Safety policies and procedures and any other statutory requirements or relevant guidance.
- Liaise with all other trades and disciplines on shift to ensure activities are coordinated.
- Ensure continuity between maintenance shifts and update helpdesk regularly using the Planon CAFM system.
- To monitor, where required external contractors.
- To work within relevant constraints with regards to works including budget / costs, quality and timescales.
- To ensure that all works carried out by external bodies during the shift strictly adheres to Harrods specification and procedures.
- IOSH, IPAF, PASMA accreditation would be beneficial
- To manage, monitor and continually develop own knowledge
- Suitably qualified to a minimum City and Guilds Carpentry and Joinery
- Experience in all aspects of carpentry and joinery
- Secondary experience in other fabric trades including but not limited to painting, decorating, tiling, roof repairs, flooring and locksmith tasks
- Fully conversant with all BS and relevant regulations.
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and displays good judgement even in high pressure scenarios.
- Attend meetings, presentations, toolbox talks and discussions regarding day-to-day activities, projects and other matters as requested.
- Must be a team player.
This role may suit somebody who is a carpenter, commercial carpenter, fabric engineer, joiner, supervisor.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.