£27k - 30k per year + Progression, Pension, Call outs
4 months ago
Build Recruitment have been specially chosen to support Government Facility Services Limited to find a skilled Carpenter/ Locksmith to work fulltime in a permanent role at their site HMP Feltham. This role is working alongside a supportive team with 2 other Carpenters and offers endless opportunities for you to progress within the company. There will be over time available through call outs and they offer 28 days annual leave. You will be working 1 weekend every 3 weeks, when you work the weekend you will have 2 days off during the week.
- To ensure the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned maintenance, refurbishment and new works.
- Construct building frameworks, install structures and fixtures, to the prisoner facilities in the estate, with adherence to Health and Safety guidelines and security procedures in order to meet sites short term and long term goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the fitting, repair and maintenance of all locks and maintain locking schedules within the estate with adherence to Health and Safety guidelines and security procedures in order to meet sites short term and long term goals and objectives.
- Fixing furntiture around the prison
- Must hold a City & Guilds, National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 3 in Carpentry or an equivalent qualification
- Substantiated experience in similar role can be considered as alternative to formal qualification
- Must be able to display competency in the use and operation of all associated power tools and machinery
- Excellent organisational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.