£38k - 40k per year + 50% Discount for work tools, Gym membership, Pension scheme, Progression
7 days ago
Our client has approached us looking for a carpenter to work for them directly in one of the largest and most famous department stores in Europe based in Kensington. The ideal carpenter for this role will be looking for job security, progression and must be confident using their own initiative. The building its self is a listed building and requires a lot of attention so the carpenter for this opportunity must be very proactive and ideally come from a commercial or retail background.
The shift pattern for this carpenter role is working 44 hours per week on a '4 on 4 off' basis, 7:30pm - 7:30am.
The benfits of this role are endless... free gym memberships, discounts on store items up to 33% and 50% off tools, birthdays off, sick pay, fiancial support, 27 days of annual leave (After 5 years of service) and health well being.
Responsibilities for carpenter:
- To carry out both reactive and PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) tasks as required and to agreed standards.
- To deliver the reactive tasks, prioritising urgent activities which effect H&S, operational stability and brand reputation.
- To deliver the PPM tasks to agreed timescales.
- To carry out special projects at the request of the maintenance supervisor and / or the maintenance manager.
- To ensure that all work is in line with industry best practice adhering to relevant Health and Safety policies and procedures and any other statutory requirements or relevant guidance.
- To work within relevant constraints with regards to works including budget / costs, quality and timescales.
- Suitably qualified to a minimum City and Guilds Carpentry and Joinery
- Experience in all aspects of carpentry and joinery
- Secondary experience in other fabric trades including but not limited to painting, decorating, tiling, roof repairs, flooring and locksmith tasks
- Fully conversant with all BS and relevant regulations.
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and displays good judgement even in high pressure scenarios.
- Attend meetings, presentations, toolbox talks and discussions regarding day-to-day activities, projects and other matters as requested.
- Must be a team player.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.