£28k - 30k per year + Private health care, gym membership, flexible working
26 days ago
Permanent, Monday – Friday, 35 Hour Week
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment – from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a London based company, who are looking for a Carpenter based in Holborn.
Day to Day:
- To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance
- To carry out reactive Maintenance
- To carry out condition surveys of all wooden surfaces and accessories
- To provide technical carpentry advice
- To undertake carpentry projects as required
- To select, source and order as necessary materials relating to carpentry
- To carry out repairs to furniture and equipment as required
- To erect shelving and other additions to the building
- To repair doors, install and repair locks and hinges as necessary
- To manufacture wooden equipment such as wands, boxes etc.
- To use a two-way radio and be available for call-out in an emergency
- To act as the Maintenance representative for events as required
- To assist with the assessment of Health & Safety issues and to act in such a way as to ensure the health, safety and welfare of oneself as well as others
- To maintain awareness of current legislation relevant for the responsibilities of the job
- To assist with other tasks as required by the Director of Maintenance and Building Projects.
Requirements (Skills & Qualifications):
- Relevant Qualification (eg. City & Guilds in Carpentry or Joinery)
- BUPA private medical cover
- Pension (3.5% employee & 9% employer contributions – increasing to 12% with length of service)
- Life Assurance
- Holiday (25 days increasing to 30 days with length of service)
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Gym membership (subsidised)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working
Please apply or contact Ruby Skinner at Build Recruitment for further details.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.