£9 - 12 per hour
020 3176 4790
about 2 months ago
Enhanced DBS + CBL is required. A Caretaker is required to deliver a flexible, responsive high quality caretaking service on a public sector site. Caretakers are highly valued by residents who perceive them as the face of the Council and the first line of contact for advice and support by members of the community. YOU MUST BE AVAIALBLE TO START IMMEDIATELY!
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness to internal elements of the site.
- Oversee the performance of waste management, grounds maintenance
- Manage health and safety issues, working with the Council’s various service teams and contractors through to supporting first responders in any given emergency
- First line of contact for advice and support for residents who live independently yet require additional support
- Fully participate in cover arrangements within the caretaking team to ensure proper accessibility to services for tenants and to provide mutual support for priority tasks.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work on both own initiative with minimum supervision and as part of a team.
- Basic IT and associated skills.
- Experience of prioritising and planning conflicting workloads on a regular basis in order to meet deadlines and set targets.
- Experience of communicating effectively both verbally and in writing with residents, contractors, colleagues, elected members, contractors etc.
- Ensuring that customer care standards are adhered to at all times.
- Ability to undertake manual handling duties and other physical demands required of the role on a daily basis.
- Ability to carry out health and safety inspections of building and take appropriate action.
- Driving Licence (desirable).
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.