£240 - 300 per day
5 months ago
CAD Space Planner
We have a fantastic opportunity for a CAD Space Planner to join one of my best clients, working client direct in West London. The experienced CAD Space Planner will join the team on a temporary basis but the role could turn into a permanent one further down the line.
They are looking for a CAD Space Planner who can go around all 130 of their corporate assets and plant rooms, creating/ upgrading all the CAD drawings.
Key responsibilities for the CAD Space Planner:
- Responsibility for producing proposal drawings, feasibility studies and space plans in line with client brief, advising on regulations and best practise
- Manage CAD demand workload between CAFM system and remote helpdesk
- Respond to daily drawing requests, including updates to existing layouts, creation of new drawings detailing offices/workshop spaces
- Updates to drawing sets including desk layouts, wall/partition removals (no design responsibility), tenant demises and occupancy plans
- Completion of on-site surveys and subsequent drawing updates
- Translating client sketches/brief and site surveys into CAD drawings to match companies CAD standards with standard layering systems, blocks
- Multi-disciplinary drawing capability – architectural, mechanical, electrical, site layouts.
- Record current building fabric and asset positions.
- Liaison with the client and customer to identify scope.
- Maintain an appreciation for the impact of design and change, and how these affect various service streams.
- Manage the space planning process between the client, customer & engineering teams
Experience and knowledge required for the CAD Space Planner:
- Understanding and interpretation of appropriate building regulations, including access and fire requirements
- Ability to interpret construction drawings, understand line drawings and variety of drawing standards, including ductwork, pipework, electrical drawings and fire detection
- Understanding of hard service/soft service lines covered in Facilities Management
- Maths & English skills a must
- Requirement to have a basic understanding of the relevant British Standards, H&S requirements, building regulations and associated design considerations.
- Previous experience of CAFM systems
- AutoCAD skills necessary
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.