£50k - 60k per year + bonus, pension, health
about 2 months ago
CAD and Document Manager
A very exciting role has just come up to work client direct for a high end boutique retail client as their CAD and Document Manager. The CAD and Document Manager is responsible for providing administrative and management support to the Project Managers and Engineering team. The CAD and Document Manager will ensure the efficient and accurate processing of all project documentation supplied by both internal and external customers. In addition, the CAD and Document Manager will manage the CAD team to ensure all deliverables are achieved.
Principle responsibilities for the CAD and Document Manager
- Attend training sessions given by ASite and become familiar with the full suite of project administration processes, including Document Control, O&M Management (ASite experience not essential).
- Act on behalf of client as the primary point of contact with ASite in respect to:
training, technical back-up, faults, queries and system development.
- Deliver effective training to the Project Team, applying ASite knowledge to ensure Document Control procedures are properly executed by internal and external parties.
- Provide training and offer experience to Assistants, who may from time to time be called to deputise in the Document Controller role. Manage that deputy role to ensure adequate cover as dictated by workload, holidays, sickness, and the like.
- Set up individual projects on ASite at project inception.
- Maintain an accurate project directory throughout each phase of a project.
- Set up the distribution matrix and access rights, which shall be agreed with the relevant Senior Project Manager for every project. The matrix shall include the clients personnel, external project managers, consultants, contractors, and other external bodies.
- Set up commenting and approval responsibilities.
- Enter and properly catalogue documents directly onto the system on behalf of smaller concessions and projects as and when requested by the TSD or Engineering team.
- Audit, to ensure documents are submitted in the correct format and that the documents can be opened and are legible.
- Assist the project team in compiling status and statistical reports from the ASite system.
- Attend the project and contract start up meetings where necessary and reinforce the document control disciplines to external parties.
- Assist in the development of procedures relating to Document Control and ensure adherence to those procedures.
- Liaise with external O&M Coordinators who will be using the ASite platform to manage the O&M process.
Requirements for the CAD and Document Manager:
- Competency in AutoCAD
- Good PC literacy (word, excel and preferably SAP)
- Strong customer service focus when dealing with both internal and external parties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability and willingness to multi-task.
- Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong work ethic and unwavering commitment.
- Ability to perform duties effectively with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Document Control experience in either the Construction and/or Design sectors, including the use of Document Control Management Software.
- Competent in the development and delivery of training solutions.
- Ability to prioritise and schedule a constant work flow.
- Competently represent Document Control issues at team meetings and promote Document Control requirements.
- Commitment to continuous improvement of the role.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.