City of London
£80k - 100k per year + Bonus, healthcare, pension etc
3 months ago
Business Unit Director
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Business Unit Director. The Business Unit Director role will allow you to give full strategic direction to the delivery of exceptional facilities/ building services. The Business Unit Director must have experience of managing technical building services contracts in the region of £10m with strong emphasis on looking after managing agent clients. This Business Unit Director role is a great opportunity for someone who has managed large teams and high turnover who wants to continue to support the growth of this contract and grow themselves.
The Business Unit Director Role:
- Effectively manage the delivery of Hard Services and Project based activities to sites.
- Accountable for multi-million £ turnover
- Manage delivery through service teams whilst promoting an ethos of team work to instil a culture of continuous improvement and service excellence.
- The Business Unit Director will be responsible for building long-term relationships that add value and are based on mutual trust.
- Develop business strategy in line with current and emerging client needs.
- Provide direction and expertise to the operating area by promoting strategies and best business practices in order to uphold the company mission and values
- Motivate and lead a high performing team to achieve their objectives
- Become a recognised leader within the business and respected specialist in specific market sectors and by specific clients
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement of people, systems and processes.
- Support the marketing team in identifying opportunities with other clients to maximise profit and growth.
What the Business Unit Director needs to have:
- A Building, Building Services or FM Qualification is essential
- Proven experience in managing P&L accounts in excess of £10million
- Minimum of ten years’ experience of managing both Hard FM
- Proven operational knowledge, skills and experience in managing multi-site/multi service operations
- Experience of the management of large and diverse teams
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Ability to interpret and utilise complex and varied financial and commercial information
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers and clients
- Achieve set, standards and operate to performance criteria; for example health and safety, hygiene
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- This role requires a full driving licence due to extensive travel.
What the role comes with:
Car/ Allowance, fantastic bonus scheme, pension contribution plus access to a variety of bonus and benefits.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.