£50k - 52k per year + Car Allowance + Benefits
020 3176 4790
BEM - London
3 months ago
Role: Business Excellence / Improvement Manager
Location: Aldgate, London – National role
Salary: £50,000 + £5,500 car allowance + industry leading benefits package
Sector: Housing / Construction
I am working with one of the UK’s leading housing maintenance and refurbishment contractors who are looking to bring on board a Business Excellence / Improvement Manager to join their business improvement and integrated management systems team. My client who manage over 200,000 properties throughout the UK are looking for an experienced business improvement professional to join the business out of their offices in Aldgate, London covering projects on a national level.
This is a newly created position within my clients business, the role was developed to help my client become a leading provider within the social housing market through delivering quality assurance, customer satisfaction and continuous innovation / improvement. The post holder will drive the business excellence throughout the business and the supply chain whilst maintaining a stewardship role, actively monitoring, reviewing business performance metrics to sustain continual improvement activity. My client would be interested in speaking to people outside of the construction / housing sector and would consider people with experience from manufacturing, engineering, facilities management etc.
- Provide timely and appropriate management information to support and enable informed decision making at a contract/project, hub and business level.
- Develop and embed robust learning and knowledge transfer that attains sustainable continual improvement driving business performance improvement.
- Challenge and proactively adapt the organisations behaviours and practice ensuring that systems and process, deliver return on investment.
- Ensure that development and use of performance measures and indicators are informative at all levels and demonstrably contribute to the business being a leading provider within social housing.
- Analyse data, information and prepare performance reports to enable a factual approach to decision making with a “are we on track to achieve our strategic objectives” philosophy.
- Proactively monitor business activity to ensure compliance with all attendant legal and other requirements, presenting findings with SMART actions ensuring the close out of preventative and corrective actions.
- Drive the development, implementation, management and monitoring for performance measurement and management as directed to facilitate best practice through continual improvement.
- Project manage business improvement projects to deliver the desired outcomes.
- Develop and champion new initiatives as necessary working with internal and external customers from conceptual design, pilots and implementation.
- Lead the preparation and implementation of Project Management Plans, Business Continuity and Emergency preparedness including assessing the overall effectiveness and efficiency of plans confirming SMART actions for continual improvement as required.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the level and character of work as may reasonably be required within the BI & IMS department. Significant permanent changes in duties will require agreed revisions to be made to this role profile.
- Maintain skills, and knowledge including changes to legislation, industry requirements and best practice through membership of an appropriate professional body and continuous professional development
- Pioneer and implement efficiency and effectiveness strategies within the business with supporting risk management programmed to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Lead the work on capability building with leadership teams and supply chain partners setting standards and driving best practice sharing and implementation to achieve this.
- Implement practical and pragmatic business excellence solutions that represent superior competitive advantage that will stand the test of time.
- Strong data analysis skills, able to assimilate data and information from a variety of sources and distil into a clear performance picture
- Excellent IT skills, knowledge, experience and understanding are a pre-requisite using a variety of Microsoft packages including office 365
- Ability to travel as required as you will be expected to be an active presence on site and office locations throughout the UK
- Lead, manage and support internal assessors with demonstrable ability to develop risk based assurance programmes be it active and reactive
- Demonstrable business improvement experience within manufacturing, construction, engineering or facility management
- Proven experience of using and application of a variety of problem solving technique approaches, project management and business improvement tools
- Relevant experience managing management systems and knowledgeable of the principles, processes and outcomes of management systems including systems thinking, resilience, process mapping, reviewing inputs and outputs
- Lead Auditor in quality management systems and familiar with Information Security and other risk management systems standards
- Demonstrable evidence of maintaining continuous professional development
In return my client offer a competitive salary in the region of £50,000 + £5,500 car allowance + industry leading benefits package as well as routes for progression and career advancement throughout the companies structure. If you are interested in the role or would like to discuss the position in more detail then please get in touch | Mike.Davis@buildrec.com | 07415 259 073
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.