£80k - 90k per year + Benefits & Company Bonus
3 months ago
Build are working with a client based in the North as they look to appoint two new Business Development Managers; one to cover the Midlands region and another to cover the North.
Reporting to: Development Director
Package:Up to 90K (neg), 8k Car Allowance, 20% discrectionary bonus, Contributory Pension Scheme
Our client is an experienced and innovative Build to rent business that has a track record of delivering high quality homes and healthy sustainable environments. They currently own and manage 1,400 properties across the North and have a target to grow the business to 6500 units within the next five years. Their focus on developing Place and improving neighbourhoods has enabled them to secure off Market opportunities by utilising their USP.
They now need to continue this growth and further build on their established pipeline. The business is supported by by a Private equity Partner who are fully supportive of our Client's growth aspirations. The future growth will be generated through Construction of new Single-Family Housing and a blend of acquisition of new and existing portfolios across the UK.
The roles are peripatetic with the opportunity to work on a growing national portfolio based around the North and the Midlands.
Purpose of the job:
We are seeking skilled and highly ambitious individuals to join a successful development team. Ideal candidates will have a real understanding of the uk housing market and have the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders such as Local Authorities, Land Agents, and housebuilders. Land acquisition or partnership/relationship management background and experience will be a real advantage but passion and commitment will be essential.
Working closely with the development team, responsibilities will be to build strong relationships and secure off market opportunities which allow our client to source land and sites.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Hold a degree and professional qualification eg MRICS;
- Demonstrable experience in development and/or partnership management and experience of identifying and introducing viable sites
- Be an excellent networker and influencer
- Be self-motivated, ambitious and target driven to achieve results
- Proactively identify, develop and maintain key relationships with LA's, Agents and Landowners. This will be a fundamental aspect to the role
- Have an understanding of the political environment in which PlaceFirst operates.
- Be willing to travel
- Actively source new land/site/opportunities
- Prepare offers to pursue land/site/opportunities inorder to meet business requirements
- Working with the development team; Director, Development Surveyor and Analyst and planning specialist to progress through to acquisition
- Build and maintain good working relationships and strong leads with local authorities, agents, and landowners
- Actively contribute to the development the business
- Acquisition of property / land
- Support the Development Director on preparation for Board meetings to report on opportunities
- Support the wider development Team in assessing the Project Viability of new developments
- Local authorities
- Regulatory Bodies
- Development Team
- Senior management team
If this opportunity is of interest to you and you would like to know more please apply below or contact Jen Radcliffe on 07879742988 for more information
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.