£70k - 80k per year + Package
about 2 months ago
Business Development Manager
Working with the services business development teams and relevant bid teams, the successful candidate will work on the development of quality bid submissions, including stakeholder analysis and obtaining relevant information to assess client focus and pertinent issues to be addressed in submissions.
- Presenting the company to potential clients and consultants through direct communication, in face to face meetings, telephone calls and e-mails.
- Attend meetings and events with clients and potential clients.
- Generation of leads and appointments for preliminary interviews and briefings.
- Attention to detail to ensure all potential leads are captured and explored.
- Report on Business Development activities to the management board.
- Represent the company at industry events and trade shows.
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities ensuring that all deadlines are met and that information presented meets the company standards.
- Assist in the creation of client proposals and any subsequent documentation as part of the company submission team.
- Develop a thorough understanding of client’s objectives, their organisation, their personnel and their capital works programme.
- Interact with other company departments especially the estimating and technical teams.
- Keep informed about issues affecting the industry sector and collect competitor information.
- Ensure the company remains proactive and responsive to prospective clients.
- Maintain contacts with other Group Business Development Managers to ensure a cross flow of information.
- Produce a report of opportunities and leads which is updated on a monthly basis.
- Monitor and report upon Client Satisfaction Forms and produce information on a monthly basis for the Key Performance Indicators.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence
- Recognised sales and marketing qualification and / or proven track record in similar discipline
- Proven track record in delivering sales across a diverse client base
- Proven experience in business development activities
- Exceptional relationship management and networking abilities coupled with a genuine passion for the sector – Maintenance, Facilities, Insurance, Property and Environmental
- Natural gravitas to engage with and influence senior executives both internally and externally
- Performance driven – energy, drive and determination
- Personal and professional demeanour and credibility, which commands confidence of external partners, key stakeholders, members, clients, senior managers and employees
- Strong communication skills in all forms
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.