£25 - 30 per hour + Mileage Expenses
12 days ago
My client is a leading Social Housing provider based in the Milton Keynes area, currently looking for two experienced Building Surveyors to join on temporary contracts for between 3 – 6 months.
Following this initial term there will be a possibility for the position to transfer to a full time permanent contract with the client, subject to performance in post.
- To carry out Voids inspections to monitor quality, timeliness, and costs to ensure voids are efficiently turned around to a high standard and within agreed timescales.
- Carry out pre/post inspections in relations to day to day responsive repairs, offering a customer focussed repairs service to the organisation’s tenants.
- Manage partnering contractor delivering various workstreams
- Ensure Health & Safety on site
- Manage the planned maintenance programme and various work-streams that fall within the reinvestment team (these could include Kitchens & bathrooms, roof replacements, window and door programmes etc.)
- Act as lead Surveyor with regards to Legal Disrepair claims.
What you will have:
- Experience working for a Housing Association, Local Authority or similar organisation operating within the social housing sector
- Recognised qualification within Building Surveying or related discipline (BSc, HND etc.)
- Membership to recognised professional body (MCIOB or MRICS highly desired however not essential)
- Versatile skillset covering most aspects of social housing surveying, with a willingness to show flexibility and assist in other business units where required
- Strong technical ability and building pathology knowledge coupled with excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Available with short notice with access to own vehicle
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV for review or contact Kieran.Williams@buildrec.com // 07487847467.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.