£32k per year
2 months ago
Build are working with a South Yorkshire based Housing Association as they look to appoint a new Asset Surveyor for their Responsive & Voids Team.
Purpose of Job
The overall purpose of the Asset Surveyor is to support the delivery of an effective, legally compliant and customer focussed repairs and maintenance service.
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the day-to-day repairs and maintenance service to customers and will support ongoing adherence to Health and Safety legislation, Approved Codes of Practice and Industry Best Practice.
The postholder will play a vital role in the risk management of the client's approach to Asset Management, working diligently with the Head of Asset Operations to identify and mitigate risks to the business.
- Undertake pre and post inspections of day to day responsive repairs, identifying building defects, specifying repairs and monitoring work in progress
- Ensure the timely inspection of assets at change of tenancies, ensuring empty properties are repaired promptly and to agreed standards
- Undertake property condition surveys and to maintain the associated database and programmes
- Develop performance specifications and service standards for all areas of repairs and maintenance and support the procurement and commissioning of contracts
- Assist with financial planning, budget setting and Value for Money for the clients repairs and maintenance activity
- Providing technical advice, support and training as required to all staff specifically operations team, contractors or external partners in relation to asset maintenance.
- Keep up to date with developments in best practice, products and techniques
- Keep abreast of legislation changes and amendments to approved codes of practice and introduce measures to ensure and maintain compliance with its legal obligations
- Build and maintain positive and productive relationships with staff, board members, external partners and other key stakeholders relevant to the role
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Experience of delivering high quality property/building maintenance services within a housing environment
- Able to demonstrate experience of conducting effective resident consultation exercises.
- Experience of preparing, monitoring and managing contract works from minor contracts to complex contracts and reporting on and controlling expenditure of approved budgets.
- Able to demonstrate experience of working within approved authority levels and financial constraints.
For more information contact Jen Radcliffe on 07879742988 or apply below
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.