£37k - 47k per year + Pension, Healthcare
29 days ago
A very exciting opportunity has come up for a Building Surveyor to work client direct on a prestigious site in Brighton. The Building Surveyor with work across multiple buildings on a large Estate. The Building Surveyor role offers the potential for progression for the right candidate within a growing team.
To carry out building surveys, develop designs and specifications and provide project delivery services and professional advice on property and construction, for a range of building types.
There is a large amount of communication with stakeholders and therefore the Building Surveyor should be a good communicator and have the ability to present information competently ensuring all understand what is being requested and actioned.
Responsibilities for the Building Surveyor:
- Carrying out building surveys; determining the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair;
- Manage and deliver projects to ensure they are completed on budget and to schedule;
- Advising the University on schemes and projects and determining requirements;
- Preparing scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works;
- Organising documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes;
- Advising on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction;
- Instructing on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings;
- Advising on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings;
- Dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations;
- Assessing and designing buildings to meet the needs of people with disabilities;
- Instructing on construction design and management regulations;
- Negotiating dilapidations (when there is a legal liability for a property's state of disrepair);
- Carrying out feasibility studies;
- Advising on the health and safety aspects of buildings;
- Advising on boundary and rights of light disputes and party wall procedures;
- Preparing insurance assessments and claims;
- To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
- Manage or input into project board governance; including preparation of briefing papers, feasibility studies, financial reports and programming and any rolling program of projections in regard to the projects your are involved with.
- Manage the reporting of projects for which you are responsible for to the Head of Projects to enable the wider reporting and coordination of these to be complete and comprehensive.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Appropriate CSCS Card
- Degree (or equivalent) in appropriate construction related subject
- Qualified Building Surveyor or associated relevant discipline;
- Competent use of Document Management systems, AutoCAD (desirable), Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience with hand held technology/software (desirable);
- A minimum of 3 years of undertaking a similar role and level of responsibility within a Higher Education or similar environment.
- Experience with condition surveys of commercial/civil government estate;
- Previous experience managing minor works projects;
- Contract Administration- JCT and NEC Experience (desirable)
- Previous experience in CoW role an advantage.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.