£45k - 55k per month
2 months ago
Building Surveyor - Summary
My client is a leading provider of social housing in Berkshire, currently looking for a Building Surveyor on a full time permanent basis as part of their Property Services department.
Key Responsibilities of the Building Surveyor
- To provide a multi-faceted and comprehensive diagnostic Building Surveying service across Berkshire, dealing with major Repairs and Maintenance works including restrains such as planning applications, building regulations and party wall notices
- To deliver the technical service that provides effective capital investment, cyclical and statutory maintenance services.
- Provide support and guidance in relation to legal disrepair cases, including writing specifications for remedials and managing cases from inception to completion
- Provide detailed specifications for large scale voids, mutual exchanges, planned works validation programmes and ad hoc building projects
- Prepare tender documents and appoint contractors where required
Requirements for the Building Surveyor
- Technical qualification in Building Surveying or similar discipline
- Extensive experience within Capital Investment/Repairs & Maintenance within a social Housing environment
- Excellent defect diagnosis experience and all round building pathology/construction knowledge
- Experienced managing large projects from inception to completion, monitoring budgets and writing specifications
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and CDM
- Excellent negotiator, with a good level of ICT and verbal/written communication skills
If you are interested in applying for this role or require further information please contact Jack from Build Recruitment on 07903 948 453 or send your CV to Aaron.email@example.com
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.