£44k - 47k per year
about 1 month ago
Building Surveyor - Social Housing
Build Recruitment are working with a leading provider of social housing based in Bedfordshire who are looking to add a Building Surveyor to their Asset team on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for a variety of planned maintenance programmes, managing both main and sub-contractors delivering a number of internal and external refurbishment works.
- To deliver the technical service that provides effective capital investment, cyclical and planned maintenance services.
- Provide detailed specifications for large scale planned works validation programmes and ad hoc building projects
- Understanding the use of the Natfed 7.1 SOR codes
- Planning the work from inspection to completion
- Inspections internally and externally on sites
- Understanding basic build regs
What you will need:
- You will be a qualified Building Surveyor with a recognised qualification within Building Surveying (HND/C, BSc or qualified by extensive experience).
- Experience of working for a Registered Social Landlord is also required, delivering planned refurbishment projects in a similar environment.
- Experienced managing large projects from inception to completion, monitoring budgets and writing specifications
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and CDM
- Good IT experience of the use of computer and tablet
- Good communication with the team, supply chains, residents and leaseholders
- Team player
- Ownership of work
- Full flexibility to work from home with flexible hours
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- Competitive salary plus car package
If you would be interested in this opportunity, please apply with your CV or get in touch with Jack Burgess at Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.